Thread: Looking for a Hunting Buddy or Two?

Default Looking for a Hunting Buddy or Two?

Hello--I am looking for a hunting buddy or two.

The seas are very calm for the next 4 or 5 days out in Prince William Sound, and I want to go to Montague Island on a deer hunt. Weather this nice is uncommon out there this late in the year, so I hate to miss the chance.

I have a 1986 26' Olympic cabin cruiser with a new engine, Mercruiser 350 with an Alpha 1 outdrive. It is seaworthy and dependable. It is pretty comfortable for up to 3 people to camp on. The boat gets 1.5-1.9 miles per gallon, at 22-27 mph. Montague is about 85 miles from Whittier, so it will take as much as 135 gallons of gas to make the trip. It also costs $20 to take it through the tunnel, about $20 to launch the boat, and $40 to store the truck and trailer in Whittier while we are out.

I used to hunt up here with some younger guys, but marriages, jobs, girlfriends, etc. have basically moved them on, so I have spent the last couple of years with no one to go hunting with.

I have a tight retirement budget, but I can afford to go on a few fishing and hunting trips each year with no problem. My wife is very understanding after 34 years. I am originally from Wyoming, and I have been hunting since I was 7 years old. I really enjoy rifles, and I always have. I own good equipment for back country camping, and lots of fishing and hunting gear that has been steadily upgraded over the years.

I definitely don't mind going along on a bear hunt, but I will only be hunting deer. I am pretty good help when it comes to gutting, skinning, boning meat, and packing hides, horns, and meat back to camp, in spite of my advanced age.

If you have a boat that you would rather use, I would be happy to pay my way in fuel, etc.

If you are interested, send me a P.M. through the Forum, with your phone number and email address, and we'll discuss getting out.

Best Regards,

Default RE: Hunt

When are you thinking about heading out?

Thumbs up Blacktail is my new whitetail

Jim, my name is Clint and I am from West Virginia. My wife and two children and I moved here in April. Living the dream. I plan on going blacktail hunting on one of the Islands next fall. Im going back to college and can make time. I would be more than willing to help with fuel. Sorry cant do this year. I will be considered resident next year. I miss deer hunting. Let me know.