Thread: Kodiak deer anyone interested?

Originally Anchor Point, AK but in Kodiak now!

Talking Kodiak deer anyone interested?

Guys,

I'm looking to get out deer hunting, i have experience but don't like the aspect of going off alone in Kodiak. Anybody interested, I have off until Nov 3rd. So if you like hiking and don't mind alders give me a PM and we can schedule something. Offer is on the table. I live here in Kodiak, so if you need a place to stay, don't worry about it. Later,

Rob

Man wish I could get down there. That sounds like a great time, and something I really want to do while here. Just bad timing right now.
    Former A.F Staff Sergeant

Default Anytime

No problem, PM me if you ever get the chance to come down and I will hook you up with the number. God Bless!

Rob

Default Calling/rattling in Kodiak

Double, I have hunt in Kodiak 21-27 Nov. You guys do any calling/rattling for those black tail? This will be my first hunt there. I have talked to a few local friends and they state it's pretty much a glass and stalk...what's your take? Larsen Bay is my starting point.

......PM sent

Default Larsen

Well Larsen is nice. Remember that there is a lodge there and a lot of hunters hit that location so you will have help if you need it and there are deer there. I really don't do to much calling in kodiak. I always save that for Hintchenbrook or Montague. Seems like they respond there more. Here it is like many said more of a spot and stalk. Pm me if you have any other questions.

Rob

Default PM'ed

PM'ed also but nothing?

Default Sultry road

Probably a better thread than this to post this, but anyone know if sultry road is passable anymore after all the rain you guys got - i was hoping to do archery road system early NOV, then ATV it out there. Its been over 10 years since i have been out there. thanks

The last word I got (5 days ago) was that the road is washed out. The road out to the Salonie Creek range is gone too. With the snow coming here soon I'd imagine they would wait till next year to fix it, but who knows!

Default Terror Bay trip

Hey guys,

Looks like i need to hit the road system pretty hard right now. Futurearcher and myself had planned a trip to the otherside of the island, Terror Bay area to be more specific. We were suppose to fly yesterday. He had a goat tag to fill and I had 3 deer tags to fill. The flight price was right and it sounded like a great time. But sadly our pilot backed out last minute due to the weather and his schedule being backed up b/c of it. So now I'm looking for somebody to hunt the road system with for the next 2 weeks, or if we can get some air time or boat time and the price is right. So, the deal is the same. The house is opened up to you if you need a place to stay. Pm me if you are interested. Thanks again guys,

Rob

Oh yeah Brian, thanks again for the opportunity to hunt with you. I can't wait to apply for permits. We'll get 'em next year. Hope all is well.

P.M. your way...
    Alaska Mountin' Man Taxidermy
    North Pole, Ak 99705
    (907) 488-7083