Thread: Gunshow in Fairbanks this weekend Oct 17 and 18

Default Gunshow in Fairbanks this weekend Oct 17 and 18

Anyone else going? I'm taking a friend who is looking for a concealed carry piece and I'll see if I can stumble across a stainless ruger bisley blackhawk 45 Colt that I can trade for my stainless SBH 44mag.

Patty Center Gym for those who were wondering where it is.

I am going to head down and see if there is anything I can't live without. What are the hours?

The original thread is here:
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...d.php?p=584624

Hours are 10-6 on Saturday, 10-4 on Sunday.

I will be going. Trying to find a 223 in a bolt with a wood stock I can fix up or maybe an AR will have to look a prices and what is there. I also would not mind a 44 Black Hawk or Red Hawk, last time the prices on these were kind of high but we will see. Of coarse if a 35 Whelen in CRF where just siting there or a 308 model 99 I would have to look and feel.

Hell I guess I just want to look and see what old friends I run into. Last year I got a nice vernier old mic for cheap and almost got a nice old hand plain but stalled to long on that one, watched it walk away.

Went today. Had a fun time. For an ex-californian it was a blast showing my son the standard cap magazines and all the terrible black guns. LOL
    He really liked all the Chipmonks. But shucks, at 9 he's over 100 #. I told him, he's got plenty of .22's, now we're looking for him a game gun. :-)

I'm thinking about what large capacity gun I want for self defense now. Love my .45's, but they are all single stack and metal. Thinking i need a poly-gun with a double stack now.

Anybody bring anything home? I got a small light and the boy got a new pocket knife.

We made it as well. My friend bought a nice S&W .357. I couldn't' find a Bisley Blackhawk in 45 Colt to try and make a trade. I wasn't there to spend any money this time. The guy from Anchorage sure had a nice selection of cast boolits. It seemed like there was/is quite a bit of reloading equipment and ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    We made it as well. My friend bought a nice S&W .357. I couldn't' find a Bisley Blackhawk in 45 Colt to try and make a trade. I wasn't there to spend any money this time. The guy from Anchorage sure had a nice selection of cast boolits. It seemed like there was/is quite a bit of reloading equipment and ammo.
    Yeah, liked the cast stuff looked good. LOTS of dies, but nothing i didn't have (other than a few REAL obscure cal's). Saw several blackhawks, but like you nothing that i needed/wanted. I've been keeping my eye open for a .30 carbine verion - no sure why. lol The boy was a nice security six with both cylinders, but they seller was a bit too proud of it for our blood.