Thread: CALL FOR PROPOSALS Interior BOG

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default CALL FOR PROPOSALS Interior BOG

CALL FOR PROPOSALS
    ALASKA BOARD OF GAME
    SPRING, 2010 MEETING
    INTERIOR REGION
    The Alaska Board of Game calls for proposed changes in the regulations pertaining to hunting, trapping, and the use of game in the Interior region to be considered at the Spring 2010 board meeting. This region is composed of Game Management Units 12, 19, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26B and 26C.

PROPOSAL DEADLINE: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2009 at 5:00 PM

For all species in Game Management Units 12, 19, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26B and 26C:
    Hunting seasons and bag limits including subsistence and general hunts for all species; trapping seasons and bag limits; methods and means; salvage of game meat fur and hides; harvest tickets and reports, big game prey populations and objectives for intensive management; predation control areas implementation plans; restricted areas including controlled use areas, management areas, closed areas, and closures in state game refuges; community subsistence harvest areas; special permit areas and hunts; including provisions for special ceremonies and taking stranded muskoxen.

The following topics will be considered for all Game Management Units:
    Brown Bear Tag Fee Exemption
    Reauthorization of Antlerless Moose Hunts (State statute requires that all antlerless moose hunts be
    reauthorized annually.)

Please submit proposals on Board of Game proposal forms, available from any Boards Support Section office listed below, or on our website at www.boards.adfg.state.ak.us. All proposals must contain a signature, contact telephone number, and address. Please print or type the individual's name and an organizational name if appropriate. A fax is acceptable and considered an original. Proposals must be received by the deadline (a postmark is NOT sufficient for timely receipt).

Mail, fax, or deliver proposals to the following regional offices:

Southeast Region
    ADF&G, Boards Support Section
    Attn: Scott Crass/Shannon Stone
    P.O. Box 115526
    Juneau, AK 99802-5526
    Phone: (907)465-4110
    Fax: (907)465-6094
    Arctic Region
    Attn: Susan Bucknell
    P.O. Box 689
    Kotzebue, AK 99752
    Phone: (907) 442-1717
    FAX: (907) 442-2847

Southcentral Region
    Attn: Sherry Wright
    333 Raspberry Road
    Anchorage, AK 99518-1599
    Phone: (907) 267-2354
    Fax: (907) 267-2489

Interior Region
    ADF&G Boards Support Section
    Attn: Nissa Pilcher
    1300 College Road
    Fairbanks, AK 99701-1599
    Phone: (907) 459-7263
    FAX: (907) 459-7258
    Southwest Region
    Attn: Andrew deValpine
    P.O. Box 1030
    Dillingham, AK 99576
    Phone: (907) 842-5142
    Fax: (907) 842-5514
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i am copying this here because FEW visits the management areas,,,

Props for the 2010/11/ and start of 2012 hunting seasons need to be in by December this next spring the Board of game will meet and make changes for the next hunting season, as they did for southern AK last spring..

the only way to get the changes you want, or to not be over disappointed is to be part of the system, ANY person can attend a meeting, any person can write a proposal and submit it to the BOG
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

mods can we have a short term sticky?

thanks

meet on face book here

Default Let's talk

Vince,

Mike Pearson would be proud of your efforts! I will side bar PM as time allows this week. Between Roger, Kevin, and Jim with a little help from me we should be able to drive home a couple of points of interest that reach common ground for the common person.

I have yet to talk to Kevin who filled in for me on the AC last week but meeting with him today. Darn Hockey always fun but always getting in the way.

Moose-O

yeah i miss mike too!!

hey i will be at the Ac monday, you in town then? we are headed back from anch. this after noon

meet on face book here

Default Yes

Hockey Regular season for U16 Travel is over and I am back to trying to have a life.

Should be able to attend. Blame it on Nancy she got me going on the fihsing part and now I am on the hook to be more involved.

GRRRR

Is this the Fairbanks AC meeting on Monday? When and where is it at?

Default okay 40 mile caribou hunters...

if you hunt the 40 mile herd off the Taylor or the steece you need to be concerend...

so lets hear some ideas... or pre pair to defend you current way of hunting..

this registration hunt has some proposed changes before it.

so should it go draw?

or limit the # of registration tags to one per family?

antler destructions?make it soley a meat hunt?

over all limit on registration tags? ya snooze ya loose like they do in anchorage for their moose hunts or like minto.

the idea is to gow to draw and allow it to be a safer hunt. what otehr means will make it so.?

i am one for keeping open as many hunting opportunities as we can... i hate to see things go to draw.

meet on face book here

Default Proposal to state

I am still recovering from my fall while goat hunting. Part of the problem is that
    I, as a teacher, work in a district that starts on Aug. 10 for teacher work days.
    Yeah, I know we get all summer off. However, I believe one of the reasons I got hurt was that I was rushing things.

I believe that Sheep, Goat, and Moose should start for resident hunters on August 5th and run the normal length of time. This is what I put in my proposal.
    I believe that this lets residents compete better with non-residents who have a lot more money for flying. I also believe that this gives younger Alaskans the ability to go hunting without getting penalized for not attending school.

Sincerely,
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    Is this the Fairbanks AC meeting on Monday? When and where is it at?
    this one is for 20A/20C in Anderson lions club at 6 pm

i don't have the schedule for Fairbanks yet. Nissa i ssupposed to send it to me..

thanks

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    if you hunt the 40 mile herd off the Taylor or the steece you need to be concerend...

so lets hear some ideas... or pre pair to defend you current way of hunting..

this registration hunt has some proposed changes before it.

so should it go draw?

or limit the # of registration tags to one per family?

antler destructions?make it soley a meat hunt?

over all limit on registration tags? ya snooze ya loose like they do in anchorage for their moose hunts or like minto.

the idea is to gow to draw and allow it to be a safer hunt. what otehr means will make it so.?

i am one for keeping open as many hunting opportunities as we can... i hate to see things go to draw.
    They need to do something for the 40-mile hunt because they can't keep blowing the quota for the fall and winter hunts in just two days. I wouldn't mind seeing it stay an open registration hunt, but making the Steese and/or Taylor side a walk-in only hunt through say the end of August. That would likely slow the blood bath enough that it would allow the biologists to shut it down before they blew the quota, and it would allow for a more relaxed type hunt instead of just a scoot and shoot.

Default Fairbanks AC Meeting

The Fairbanks AC meeting is this Wednesday, the 21st, at 7:00pm, at the Alpine Lodge. Here is the agenda:

Fish:

Copper River Sports Fish briefing from Tom Taube
    Season summery of Youkon Commercial fish--Fred Bue

Game:

Discussion of 40 Mile Caribou meeting held October 15.
    Tentative results of 2009 moose season in GMU 20--Don Young
    Develop recommendations to be sent to Delta Bison Working Group
    Report on Eastern Interior Regional Advisory Committee--Virgil
    Discuss statewide BOG proposals due by November 6

If you would like to get on the email list for Fairbanks AC events send me a PM and I'll see that it gets done. We need more involvement in the meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoose View Post
    Hockey Regular season for U16 Travel is over and I am back to trying to have a life.

Should be able to attend. Blame it on Nancy she got me going on the fihsing part and now I am on the hook to be more involved.

GRRRR
    hmmm

Missed ya moose, met your buddy from work though,, he said your outa luck on having a life... also said you were attending a meeting this weekend? somthing i should attend? i have not got the town schedules yet...

next meeting for lower nenana is nov 16 Trivalley school

meet on face book here

I've heard a few people suggest that the 40 mile hunt be non-motorized for all or part of the hunt. This would certainly make it less appealing to a number of people, cut down on the number of hunters, and slow the hunt down.

I'd say any changes they make would be better than changing it to a draw hunt. It is nice that they break it up a bit so if you want to hunt off the road the hunt will still remain open until that quota is filled.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    CALL FOR PROPOSALS

ALASKA BOARD OF GAME

SPRING, 2010 MEETING

INTERIOR REGION

I read the whole thing. I see the Defenders of Wildlife anti hunter group, has at least 3 or 4 in there about shortening the wolf season. Some of their "logic" used is almost comical. They claim shooting wolves in August before the pups are mature is "inhumane". They say the same thing about killing pregnant wolves in the spring - "inhumane".

I'm 100% certain their write up did not include wording that mentioned anything about the inhumanity of wolves killing moose calves.

Fairbanks AC meeting begins in one hour at the aspen lodge.

I beleive it is over off Dale road. come say hi....

meet on face book here

my mistake it is the ALPINE lodge.. and wow folks are here.

there was only 3 of us at the Lower Nenana AC.

meet on face book here