Thread: Help TM569

Default Help TM569

16b South Beluga. I looking for some info on this hunt. My girl friend dad got this tier 2 permit and we have a couple ideas and how to get there. just wondering if anyone could give an idea or two. thanks mike

Default Depending...

on what kind of info you are looking for I might be able to shed a little light on the area for you. I do alot of flying into and hunting various areas over in 16b, depending on where exactly you are trying to hunt or start from I would make sure you are not hunting or accessing through native land for that would be a bad idea and worse I suspect if they caught you in there. See alot of moose over there and basically depends on how much work you want to do to get one out of the areas they are in if you knock one down. There has been several legal and really big bulls that could have easily be killed but getting them out would have been a nightmare so no shot was taken. Anyway, put out what your looking for and I will help with what I can and I'm sure the rest of the folks on the forum can shed some light as well...

Default ?

If they receved this tier2 permit and dont know how they are going to access and hunt this area than they should have never got the permit. This permit is hard to get even for the people that live in this area.

Default Reread

Quote Originally Posted by akfisher1 View Post
    If they receved this tier2 permit and dont know how they are going to access and hunt this area than they should have never got the permit. This permit is hard to get even for the people that live in this area.
    I agree at least partially if they had no idea how to get in there, but that does not appear to be the case. If you re-read the original post, he states that "we have a couple ideas and how to get there", but are looking for more.

Default Location

I agree somewhat..If this was a drawing permit than I wouldent have a problem with the question. However being a tier 2 everyone that SHOULD get the permit will already know this info.

Quote Originally Posted by akfisher1 View Post
    I agree somewhat..If this was a drawing permit than I wouldent have a problem with the question. However being a tier 2 everyone that SHOULD get the permit will already know this info.
    Let me get this straight. You have a problem with people asking for ADDITIONAL ideas for a hunt? They already have ideas on how to access the hunt but seem to be looking for OTHER ideas that might supplement what information they already have. Maybe they know of access point A and point B, but were wondering if there may be other places they could get in from or other methods they hadn't thought of that might be worth looking into.

Again, I can see your point if they had no idea in the first place, but that is not the case (at least based on how it was stated).

Sorry about straying off the subject. This is the last I will post on this unless I know something about access for this particular hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    16b South Beluga. I looking for some info on this hunt. My girl friend dad got this tier 2 permit and we have a couple ideas and how to get there. just wondering if anyone could give an idea or two. thanks mike
    You have been over there right?

KLICKMAN

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    Let me get this straight. You have a problem with people asking for ADDITIONAL ideas for a hunt? They already have ideas on how to access the hunt but seem to be looking for OTHER ideas that might supplement what information they already have. Maybe they know of access point A and point B, but were wondering if there may be other places they could get in from or other methods they hadn't thought of that might be worth looking into.

Again, I can see your point if they had no idea in the first place, but that is not the case (at least based on how it was stated).

Sorry about straying off the subject. This is the last I will post on this unless I know something about access for this particular hunt.
    Are these "ideas" how they usually get there or are they ideas/theories on how to get there. The people who should get this permit should know there are only a couple options to access the area. Hopefully he clarifies a little.

KLICKMAN

Default This just doesn't sound right

I've got to agree with AKFisher. If you are truly eligible to receive a
    Tier 2 permit for 16B. Then you would already know how to access the area.

There are people who put false information on their application in order to improve their odds of drawing.

I know people that have lived their whole lives in that area that have trouble drawing a permit.

Angry

there used to be a tier ll permit for goat down here... i would get inquiries on access from folks who drew it and lived in the valley... turned out that by applying you could claim "participation" in the hunt, therefore by applying for several years you accrued "cred" for participating.... and could get the hunt...
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

We'll I gues it was a waste of my time to even ask. You guys are too worried about how a life long alaskan got a tier 2 permit. He just changed his choice one the app. becuase there are to many guy how haven't lived here there whole life getting these permits for the area he used to hunt and 3 yeras with no permit for that area he changed were he wanted to hunt. And guess what he got one.

Know this what the outdoor forum is based one sharing and learning new idea for differant things we all enjoy in alaska not to get pissed because a life long alaskan just changed his choice on app and I deicided to ask some one one here if they had down this hunt which in winter and maybe for some ideas. Thats all i was hoping for. Not to be told if you got the permit you should know were to go and what to do. I just was brain storming more ideas. I own snowmachine and my father has an plane I'm sure in the amount of time we have to fill this permit it will happen. So if you like give some ideas feel free to do so other wise I will post the pic. of the moose when we get it thanks mike

Come on, Mike; how did you not see that coming??!!
    Good luck on your subsistence hunt.

-Gr
    My signature is awesome.

All I'm saying is a gal, who has lived in that unit her entire life, finally got a permit last year for the first time. Now your dad puts in for that hunt gets drawn guess what she didn't get a permit this year. Seems like a screwed up deal. Not your dads fault the system is f'd up. Its just frustrating when people come on the site and say I drew "X" tag how do I get there. Its even more frustrating when its a subsistence hunt.

Go with the snow machine its your best bet but its a long day trip I would call someone who lives out there to see if you could rent a room or a cabin. Fat Al's, Beluga Lou (if he's still up here) Freeman, or the Caraway's. Hope this helps.

KLICKMAN