Thread: Ok. Alaska Building

Default Ok. Alaska Building

The other post did'nt get that many views so I thought I'd post it again under Alaska building.

www.absn.com/akwarm.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    The other post did'nt get that many views so I thought I'd post it again under Alaska building.

www.absn.com/akwarm.cfm
    Neat...Not sure the common homeowner (or remote cabin for that matter since I am not going to finance my cabin [and I don't want the government to know how much wood I'm using to heat it]) would have much need for this though.

Thanks for the info though. It's kind-of interesting.
    That's what she said...

Default Akwarm

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post

www.absn.com/akwarm.cfm
    So, I'm getting my energy audit on my home next week. Is this suppose to help me some how?

RMK

Default enrgy audit

I just got my energy audit a couple weeks ago. The only way it will help you, is if your place has potential for improvements, and you're willing to spend some money.

Then you can apply for a partial refund from the state under the Alaska Housing energy rebate program. I did this once before in the early 90s, and I scored 1900 bucks.

This program is a little different than that one, but you can get some financial help upgrading heating, insulation, windows, and water heat systems. I was planning on upgrading my furnace anyway, so I signed up for the program.

I suppose if you save enough money over the long haul, maybe everything could pay for itself.

Older homes work out better, because they have more room for improvement. Most new homes are already fairly efficient, and there's just not much room for improvement.

Most of the audit price is refunded, so It doesn't cost you much to find out if improvements pencil out on a ledger sheet. The auditor will provide a break down for you.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by RMK View Post
    I just got my energy audit a couple weeks ago. The only way it will help you, is if your place has potential for improvements, and you're willing to spend some money.

Then you can apply for a partial refund from the state under the Alaska Housing energy rebate program. I did this once before in the early 90s, and I scored 1900 bucks.

This program is a little different than that one, but you can get some financial help upgrading heating, insulation, windows, and water heat systems. I was planning on upgrading my furnace anyway, so I signed up for the program.

I suppose if you save enough money over the long haul, maybe everything could pay for itself.

Older homes work out better, because they have more room for improvement. Most new homes are already fairly efficient, and there's just not much room for improvement.

Most of the audit price is refunded, so It doesn't cost you much to find out if improvements pencil out on a ledger sheet. The auditor will provide a break down for you.

Cheers.
    How much does a typical audit cost?

I heard on the radio 300-600

RMK

Default Energy Audict Cost

I suppose it could vary between Auditors. Mine cost $460 for a 1750 square foot house in Anchorage. I am eligible for a $325 rebate from the state for the cost of the audit. I sent in the application for the rebate, but haven't received anything yet.

Of course this is a necessary step to applying for the energy rebates for upgrading the home with new insulation, or a new furnace. I'm holding off on the upgrades until I at least get the rebate on the audit.