Thread: Sako/Stoeger AV .375 ID. ?

Default Sako/Stoeger AV .375 ID. ?

I also posted this on Sako Colectors forum. I spotted a Sako at a local pawn shop. It is a AV .375 w/ a laminated stock, red rubber pad, 1/4 rib (center partly hollow), 18.5" barrel and SN. 801818. Stock is 95-98% and bore very good, gun does not look to have been used very much. However there are issues, it appears the previous owner abused by letting some very light to light rust and stains develope on part of the bolt (will polish out) some blue damage to bolt knob, shroud and floor plate. My take is this that this rifle will alway be a shooter ?? Should a top notch blue job be done?? The gun with issues still looks good to nice. Is this gun anything special ? I cant find much on it. Asking price was $700, now $600. I think $550-$575 out the door will buy it. Not much demand for this type of shooter around here. What do you guys know about this configuration. Thanks

i havee a sako av 375 i would get a black t coating put on it and when it comes back it will look like new i changed my stock to a mossy oak bell and carlson with a green and black look its pretty sharp sakos are always shooters

Quote Originally Posted by blackbear View Post
    i havee a sako av 375 i would get a black t coating put on it and when it comes back it will look like new i changed my stock to a mossy oak bell and carlson with a green and black look its pretty sharp sakos are always shooters
    blackbear, whats a black t coating and where do you find a top notch applier ? by chance was you stock a laminated one? Thanks.

Sounds like a Sako Battue, but I didn't think they made it in 375 H&H. They did make a 18.5 bbl version called the Handi Rifle, but it didn't have a rib. Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lou View Post
    Sounds like a Sako Battue, but I didn't think they made it in 375 H&H. They did make a 18.5 bbl version called the Handi Rifle, but it didn't have a rib. Lou
    Dr. Lou, thanks, for what little I know I was leaning to the conclusion, a Battue, but the Quarter Rib, Laminated stock and .375 ? Thought the SN. would help ID and maybe Murphy would tune in. I have an itch to buy but not sure if I want to scratch without knowing more.

Thanks Guys for all the help. Finnally stumbled accross books and literature. IMHO it is a 375 Battue a variant of the Handy, 1992 0r later with a factory laminated stock. Very few produced in 375 and laminated stock.