Thread: Shipping a handgun ffl to ffl in another state

Default Shipping a handgun ffl to ffl in another state

I was wondering if I can legally ship a handgun from Alaska to North Dakota if I use a FFL in both states. I need to know if it will cause problems in North Dakota when I try to pick it up. I once had a gun shop do a trigger job on a 1911 in AZ but they refused to release it to me until I showed proof of being an AZ resident. This was difficult since my wife had just PCSed there and I had an out of state drivers license. I will be needing to use this gun for CCW during my trip to Georgia in the states that have reciprocity with Alaska.

Well I would call the FFL holder you want to use and ask. When I moved up in 2000 I shipped my guns to an FFL that is also an Anchorage cop and he had no trouble taking my Arizona ID but he knew in advance what was going on, that I was moving not visiting.

If you will be flying your best bet is to check your guns in a locked hard case in the baggage.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I should have added that I will be driving through Canada so I cannot take any handguns.

Lots of info here that may help

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#b8

Quote Originally Posted by whooki View Post
    I should have added that I will be driving through Canada so I cannot take any handguns.
    If your PCSing, why not have the shippers move it. I have done it everytime I PCS over the last 25 years.