Thread: The 60" club.

Default The 60" club.

Dang those were some nice racks, really that one with Shannon was the real deal. The one with, Aaron seemed like he was cheating with the tine going out 10" to the side, no offence Aaron, , but the best in my book was big 10 year old Cole's at 66", Con. Grats young man, you have my vote.

I could'nt bring these pic's up on the web, but they are in the paper today, maybe someone else can.

Again congrats to all.

Default Yep

Did you like the write up on the Wood.

P.S.

There were no class IV / V rapids there was an area that made you pack your gear 500 yards "if" you did not have a chain saw!!!!

Not saying the hunting group did not have serval suprises with the water up just not a real son-of a B if you took your time thought out the process of what was in front of you and were prepped for an Alaskan Float hunt.
    :-)

Lol that one did get me, man can you see the adventure's grabbing thier stuff to try it out? I've never been on the Wood, but if there were class 4,5s there, someone else wood have a bussiness for all the dare devils in the world. ( Might have seemed like 4, or 5s, with a load.)

Still a good moose, and a good story. ( thats how Alaska got its lure, big storys)

there is some nice ones in there, one of these years I will join.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/2009/o...agged-big-one/

Default Ran It with 1500 LBS

The location that puts the P in Pucker is a revised cut from the creek coming in on the left now a big island in the middle with tow channels one being pucker factor 5 the other not floatable at the end. Basically it equated to about and 800 yard chute with slapping water with some 3-4 foot dips towards the end but a strait shot. I like to refer to it as a duck and chuck. Don't get me wrong if you go sideways you would have been hurting but still a straight shot. No Sweepers! No Big boulders and medium waves.

I did scout it this year from A-Z just in case. If the water was up a foot or down a foot it would have been a lot more interesting. Might I suggest to our News Miner Friends do not float the SAG pucker factor 8-9 from Atigun through Pump 3.

For those wishing to Float the Wood a word of advise it is work and for the most part the braids equate to continues work in a lot of sections. Not the first choice for a begining float hunter. There are also 4 additional landing strips 2 private 2 public. You will find Air Boats working the lower section if you float all the way out more later in the season. You get about 1/2 your hunt in before the traffic builds to much.

Last Note! I would not want to be on it if the water was high and if it is low you will be dragging more than floating in several sections because of the braids. Oh and yes the river did cut two new channels that go into the woods. 22 Seperate float hunting parties that I was aware of. Figure 20 miles of decent and respectable chances to hunt prior to being hugged by the woods. Sorry to say it equates to having at least 1 hunter every miles depending on your locaiton and timing.

This year we hit water going as fast at 12.4 MPH Fun ride.