Thread: EAA Witness sights

Palmer, AK

Default EAA Witness sights

I like my EAA witness 10mm so far. I am not super thrilled with the fixed sights. I don't seem to have any problem hitting with it out to 30-40 yards so I can't really complain too much but when the light starts going the red front ramp disappears way to early! The black rear notch is not far behind it either... I may just drop a dab of neon paint on the front ramp but I am curious if there are other options out there. The front sight blade is molded into the slide and the rear sight is pinned on. I am not sure if it is possible to have a groove cut into the slide to add an aftermarket blade front and then just pick up the adjustable rear.

On a Witness and Colt Mustangs I have filed the front sight flat then drill and taped for a Mepro lite night sight for shotguns. As far as I know they are still working fine almost twenty years later.On one Colt the light did fade but Mepro replaced it.

Default Site option

Company is called Looks like different type of stickers for different sight options. Glow in the dark they say and brighter than Tritium. $12 or less. I seen an ad somewhere here on the forums and checked them out. Neat idea, maybe better than paint. Comes with plenty to replace at will.

Missing Palmer AK in Phonix AZ.

Your front is molded on, not a tiney screw behind it? And your rear is pined on, not in a dovetail?

My rear is a fully adjustable with 2 dots in a dovetail and the front was a black blade with red ramp. I picked up a high viz fiber optic front from EAA and swapped it out since like you say the red sucks. Sounds like some machining or a little paint may be in order.
    On the web=
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona