Thread: Ferro Alaska guide outfit ?

Default Ferro Alaska guide outfit ?

Anyone know or have information on this guide outfit?

http://www.ferroalaska.com/index.html

Tks
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Lost me when he suggested to bring fourty rounds of ammo or eighteen arrows.

i've had guys show up with scopes screwed up or broken screws and had to use piles of ammo to get things straightened out...its cheap insurance when it comes down to it.
    had a bow hunter once who'd never practiced in the wind, he broke his first two arrows...
    again cheap insurance.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Thanks guys.

My wife has known Frank for a number of years. She cant speak for his guiding #'s (although she has done some nice animals for him) but personally hes good people. He's human but hes honest.

Thumbs up Frank Ferro

I've known Frank over twenty years, and helped get him into guiding. We've shared more than a few campfires, slept in the same tent, rode the river, and climbed the mountain a time or two. I'd vouch for him.

Give me a shout, Tim. We owe each other a call anyway.

Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Lost me when he suggested to bring fourty rounds of ammo or eighteen arrows.
    To be fair, my guide told me to bring 30 rds. When, I quizzed him, he said that I wouldn't really need that many, but most uninitiated AK hunters will insist on bringing two boxes. If he suggests bringing only 20 rds, the new client will debate him endlessly about how he needs more. So, he just doesn't fight it, and suggests 30 at the start.

Maybe that's what this Frank guy does too.

Ya I guess the average hunter comming up for the big hunt may not be quite as intune with their rifles as those of us than live here are. I do recall on this forum reading about many rounds being fired on some hunts. Guess its just hard for an old fart to take in.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Ya I guess the average hunter comming up for the big hunt may not be quite as intune with their rifles as those of us than live here are. I do recall on this forum reading about many rounds being fired on some hunts. Guess its just hard for an old fart to take in.
    Especially if a guy or gal flies to Alaska, then to the remote location (Dillingham, Iliamna, Tok, etc) in the same day, may not be any time to check their rifle until they fly out to the field. I know that's not the best place to check it, but sometimes that's the only option; and if the scope was knocked off during the flights by the 'loving care" of the baggage handlers, can take a few rounds to get things right.

Thanks everyone. He sounds like a stand up guy. He's running a kids hunting camp which I'm looking into hence the background check. I appreciate everyone helping out here.

Mike, a big 10-4 on that. I have too much to tell you that won't fit in an email. Lots of great stuff going down.