Thread: 09 Fortymile Caribou Draft

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default 09 Fortymile Caribou Draft

Another member sent me this.. so thank him. but here is a draft of the 40 mile bou herd. and the management plan behind it.

it only goes through 2007 by my quick look, but i suspect more will come of it after this last seasons exceptional harvest and mad house. I like to keep and eye on this hunt even though do not participate in it, due to the complete insanity that envelopes the hunt boundaries,

but i am also aware that any dramatic changes here will directly effect the Haul road bow hunts with hunter numbers and traffic, and over all abuse.

we as hunters are running out of general season opportunities rapidly, and it is our own faults. the Steece and Taylor hunts are PRIME examples of it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I'll be glad when they make this a draw hunt, way too many idiots out there. Just think what a great hunt this could be if so many didn't ruin it for everyone else.

I love that area and have been quite sucessful out there for the past 5 years, but i am definitly looking at different options for caribou next year, way to big of a fiasco up there this year.

I would love to se an Archery only season up there, maybe that would thin the hunters out a little.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    I'll be glad when they make this a draw hunt, way too many idiots out there. Just think what a great hunt this could be if so many didn't ruin it for everyone else.

and you know the haul road is quickly headed that way to.. in the last 10 years it has grown exponential proportions of hunters ... soon it to will be a draw or limit of ONE. for no other reason then safety.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here