Thread: Boat Insurance

Default Boat Insurance

Upon living in Washington to where I'm $500.00 per year for insurance on my boat I called them and said that I was moving to Homer Alaska that it would cost me $3900.00 to insure my boat. I have a 21' inboard jet boat. Any of you have this problem? Have any reccomendations on who I should try to get insurance thru up there?

Thanks for the Help!!!!!!!

I went through Progressive. The annual premium is like $360 or $370 for a $30,000 policy (boat and trailer replacement), $1,000 deductible.

Default Luke's Insurance

is who I use. Nice guy and has great rates in Anchorage. He is a "boat" guy and does a lot of boat insurance. He did me good on my boat. Give him a shout. 276-3566

I've got a 28 foot Kingfisher and my annual policy through State Farm is less than half of what you were quoted, and I think my deductable is $500.

Check around, there's gotta be a better deal.

Default Geico

I used GEICO because I have my vehicles insured with them. It's about $560 a year for $42k insurance (boat, motor, trailer). $500 deductable. One caveat is that it is for 10 months of insurance for this rate. Since we winterize it that works out okay. If something happened at home over the winter it would be covered by my homeowner's insurance. But to get 12 months coverage it was nearly double.

That amount would cover the costs of what I have into the boat in total but certainly would never cover my labor of building it. I certainly could not purchase another comparable boat of 2 years old and I don't know if I could be up for building another. So sure hope I don't ever need to use the insurance.

I have a 22' hewescraft Ocean Pro and have insurance through Progressive. My rates are $560.00 a year with a $2000.00 deductable, will replace boat, no deductable within the first 5 years. I have roadside and at sea towing, live in Kodiak. Hope this helps

Default I have a 22' Hewes Se Runner

soft top. My cost is $369.00 per year and $550.00 deductable, $100.00 deductable for PP. This is with State Farm Insured value is 27K with tailer
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"