Thread: Marine Electronics Question

Default Marine Electronics Question

Hi All,
    I am doing some research on navigation electronics and need some help. I am looking into a multi-function device that shows electronic charts/ fishfinder/GPS all in one but I found one once that had a display screen that looked like a runway or road with a little boat icon that would show your course and if you were off it to one side or the other. I can't remember what that screen is called so I can find it again. Anyone know what I'm referring to?

Yellowknife, NWT

On my Lowrance unit it's called the steering screen or steer to screen.

Salcha, AK

Default highway page

My garmin has a map page,compass page,Highway Page, and a video page. Once you pick your course you can go from the map page to the highway page. There is also a blank page that you can customize with the features you want.

Default Update

Thanks for the help guys...I found the link I needed. Once I knew what I was looking for it was easy!

Whether it's called steering screen or highway screen, it's the same thing. It makes your unit look like an autopilot and I found the device I had remembered. I can combine several instruments into one unit and save valuable cockpit space.