Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Marine Electronics Question

  1. #1

    Default Marine Electronics Question

    Hi All,
    I am doing some research on navigation electronics and need some help. I am looking into a multi-function device that shows electronic charts/ fishfinder/GPS all in one but I found one once that had a display screen that looked like a runway or road with a little boat icon that would show your course and if you were off it to one side or the other. I can't remember what that screen is called so I can find it again. Anyone know what I'm referring to?

  2. #2
    Member DRIFTER_016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Yellowknife, NWT


    On my Lowrance unit it's called the steering screen or steer to screen.

  3. #3
    Member captaindd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Salcha, AK

    Default highway page

    My garmin has a map page,compass page,Highway Page, and a video page. Once you pick your course you can go from the map page to the highway page. There is also a blank page that you can customize with the features you want.

  4. #4

    Default Update

    Thanks for the help guys...I found the link I needed. Once I knew what I was looking for it was easy!

    Whether it's called steering screen or highway screen, it's the same thing. It makes your unit look like an autopilot and I found the device I had remembered. I can combine several instruments into one unit and save valuable cockpit space.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts