Thread: In Need of a New Release

Default In Need of a New Release

So I'm down here in North East, TX now after the last 5 years in AK. Walking back to the truck the 3/4miles on slippery than snot clay mud; and 100% humidity ,regreting having sold my four-wheeler in AK. It was only a few mins after sunset about 10 or so. But overcast. I wanted to see if i was still able to see my sight pins, since they seem to be fading which i was told happens rather quick with the Trophy Ridge.
    I drew back with an arrow on, couldn't see my sight pins went to bring it back down and then heard SNAP!!!!, arrow goes flying and I get an instant pain in my left index finger. Not knowing what exactly happen. I get a flash light out. The head on My Tru-ball Short and Sweet came off of the strap. Found the arrow but knew i would have no chance at finding the head. So any suggestions on a Release. I have a spare one but don't care for it. I am tempted to go with the the t-handle style over the wrist strap. Going to get get one here With in a day or two, So I can make it back out Sat. Need meat in the freezer.

Carl, I wound up getting the Scott Shark with buckle strap and I like it alot

Default If you get one...

get one with a buckle, velcro is sooo out dated & loud...

Default Fletch Hunter

Jim Fletcher makes some great releases. I've had mine for over 20 years and it's still going strong. Very reliable. I have a back up but have never had to use it.

Can't go wrong with either Scott or Carter.

Taylor

-[]------->

Went with a Scott. Only brand I recognized at the limited bow store/slection here in TX. Has a buckle for a strap. Going to shoot with it tomorrow and then hopefully get comfortable enough with it to get into the woods that afternoon. Since I should be getting out of class/work early. Sunset is at 7 plan to be in the woods by 3 if not 4 at the latest. Already contemplating a new sight. The trophy ridge 5 pin isn't absorbing a whole lot of light. I am done hunting around sunset, wouldn't even be comfortable with the 30mins after sunset law down here.