Thread: If money were no object - inflatable canoes

Smile If money were no object - inflatable canoes

It seems like a while since we have had one of these going...I figure this would be a good thread to get going since I'm interested in getting a raft of some kind this winter.

So let's hear what you all think on inflatable canoes!

Richard

Is there an inflatable canoe other than SOAR MAGNUM

Default inputs

I'm real interested in this too. Gonna buy one. The aire traveler is 20ish pounds lighter if ya had to backpack it a mile to a stream or something and comes with an awesome warranty. The soar seems to be a pretty bomber rig but bigger so it should be. Anyone floated both on a hunt or such?

Can't go wrong with the Pro Pioneer, it's been around long enough and used by enough hunters that finding reviews on them is easily done. Only issue I have with the Pro P is that you can only get 1 moose and 2 hunters in it but the Magnum solves that problem.

Default questions

So other than size, how do the Pro P and Magnum compare? Handling, weight, durability, etc.

What are the benefits of each? Streams and rivers that are too big or small for them?

Accessories that are good to get? Things to watch out for?

I've heard of a few other models, mentioned mostly by Mike Strahan that I can't recall right now. How do those compare to these two?

I almost bought a SOTAR Radical about 5 years ago and didn't (not sure why) and after they stopped making them I was kicking myself. Would you consider that to be more of a raft or a canoe?

Sotar will still make the "Radical". I contacted them a few months ago after reading a thread in the rafting forum. Pricey though, but for quality, you do expect to pay. I have a 14'4" Sotar bucket and from what I can see, these rafts are built like brick shet houses. Got mine from Goo Vogt of Alaska Wildwater in Anchorage. He is the Sotar rep in Alaska and he really hooked me up. Salt of the earth kind of guy.

Below is a link to the Sotar "Radical" thread I referenced above...

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=58816

Goo Vogt
    ALASKA WILDWATER
    907-345-4308
    sotaralaska@yahoo.com
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    So other than size, how do the Pro P and Magnum compare? Handling, weight, durability, etc.

What are the benefits of each? Streams and rivers that are too big or small for them?

Accessories that are good to get? Things to watch out for?

I've heard of a few other models, mentioned mostly by Mike Strahan that I can't recall right now. How do those compare to these two?

I almost bought a SOTAR Radical about 5 years ago and didn't (not sure why) and after they stopped making them I was kicking myself. Would you consider that to be more of a raft or a canoe?
    Definitely more of a raft.