Thread: Only in Anchorage!

Default Only in Anchorage!

During the seasons, we spend so much time in the field looking for the "legal" ones. Here's one who was chased off with a frying pan by my father in law in the middle of Anchorage!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Default I know.......

I have never been able to get them to go in the frying pan willingly either.

a frying pan... I guess whatever works huh ... I just let my pit bull outside..

that was a joke..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Yeah that's funny. This morning I was doing my rounds and seen a nice spike fork and a cow eating leaves from one of the units on Base. All the kids were walking to school and there they were just eating away 20 feet from me.
    Former A.F Staff Sergeant

If that guy's not 60" he's dang close!

Pretty smart Moose, if you ask me.

Few place's in Alaska are safe for a guy like that, this tima year.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Ya...tell me about it. I travel to above the Arctic Circle to bag a 62" and just about nailed a nice rack on Hilltop the other night. Than my editor calls me up to say he's got a pack of bulls laying down in his back yard and should he "shoot" them with a camera
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

How much of a mess would be If i left my garge door open then closed it when he walked in???

Very nice. He looks pretty comfortable as well

they are not dumb enough to walk into a garage.. so what i have done is put a garage door on both ends of the garage so the moose thinks its going THRU an area, when in reality them doors come down and it would be trapped in the garage.
    Semper Fi!

It never fails does it!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

It's the moose's way of thumbing his nose at all our efforts out in ths woods to find him.

I drew the winter archery only on Fort Rich for last december, after spending alll of opening day seeing nothing, I returned to my house in Anchorage to have a cow and a calf and a 40" bull all in my front yard.

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    they are not dumb enough to walk into a garage.. so what i have done is put a garage door on both ends of the garage so the moose thinks its going THRU an area, when in reality them doors come down and it would be trapped in the garage.
    My brother had a spike fork walk in his open garage once. We kidded him for weeks about how he should have hit the remote and closed it on him....then fired up the car with its remote and let the CO do the work....
    PC gag in place.

According to F&G the Anchorage Bowl has more moose per square mile than anywhere else in the state.
    Tennessee

Wink

Snowwolfe, if F & G are right.......

Then there must be more to habitat, habitat, and habitat than I've learned about.

Of course the Anc bowl is not a stable 'ecological' enviroment without the free ranging
    wolves.

Huntress, thanks for sharing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Sportsman View Post
    My brother had a spike fork walk in his open garage once. We kidded him for weeks about how he should have hit the remote and closed it on him....then fired up the car with its remote and let the CO do the work....
    That is a much better plan than hit the door remote and defend my life with a ball peen hammer.

Not that I would actually do that....really

Aside from the big one he had 4 others all in the upper 40's low 50's helping to prune the apple trees. Will post some more when he gets around to sending them too us. He's also a pretty good judge on size and thinks this bull would probably go 64-66".