Thread: nightforce scopes

Default nightforce scopes

anyone have any experience, history or knowledge about nightforce rifle scopes?? I am looking at setting up a long range shooting/hunting package and have always used Leupold...??

thanks

Greg

They are top notch all the way. Very well thought of in competitive shooting circles. Legenday in the 50 BMG events. Wish I could afford one I put a Burris Black Diamond on my Armalite 50 BMG, but I wanted the Nightforce. Just couldn't afford it at the time. Hell, the gun was $$$ alone. Maybe an upgrade is in order. Then again, I do love my Burris scopes. Below is a recent thread...

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=62379
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default Made in the USA?

I keep hearing "made in the USA" when NightForces are discussed, but have seen at least 2 models stamped "made in Japan" on the housing...

Are there some models made in Idaho and others in Japan? Or are they assembled in Idaho and the tubes made in Japan, thus possibly explaining the "made in Japan" statement I saw on the 2 scopes I've seen?

They sure appear tough, and are very clear to look through. Their illumination is a nice feature too, but definitely on the heavy side of the spectrum.

Hey Greg,

I looked at Nightforce scopes too at Boondock Sporting Goods in Eagle river, they have a couple models to check out if you want to see them, but if your thinking loooong range shooting, check out Huskemaw optics and see if that might be something you might want.

I put a 2.5-10X32 on my 375 RUM. Extremely impressed with the quality and robustness. Not to mention the glass. Also, I used their titanium/aluminum rings with bases. Very nice as well even if they are a bit tall. I have also never used anything but Leopold up til now and I am very happy.
    That being said.... The reason I went with Nightforce is the reputation for the 375 RUM to blow out scopes. Hence, wanting a "bulletproof" rig. I am not sure I would put one on a 30-06 ect. But.... If you are working up something like a 338 LAUPA that is going to get a lot of trigger time, I would say go for it and not look back.

I own a Nightforce 5.5-22x56 and it is an awesome scope. You will not be disappointed if you buy one.