Thread: Change to future Ft. Rich/Elmendorf hunts?

Default Change to future Ft. Rich/Elmendorf hunts?

I know we've had a few MPs from Ft. Rich and Elmendorf on here before, so I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how the merging of Ft. Rich and Elmendorf might affect future moose hunts on base. Right now they're listed as separate hunts in the drawing supplement. Might that change in the future once they're considered a single base? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    I know we've had a few MPs from Ft. Rich and Elmendorf on here before, so I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how the merging of Ft. Rich and Elmendorf might affect future moose hunts on base. Right now they're listed as separate hunts in the drawing supplement. Might that change in the future once they're considered a single base? Just curious.

I will bet other then name of the bases the hunts will most lilely stay the same, at least for awhile. Management of the hunts will most likely fall under one Wildlife division.

I know one of the Wildlife folks hangs out here. I will see if he is willing to comment, but I am betting all the details have yet to be worked out.

I know of no details to join the two training lands only the cantonment functions, the range land on Fort Richardson will remain The Army's (part of Fort Wainwright) similar to what they did with the Base Realignment And Closure (BRAC) action at Fort Greely, where the training lands near Fort Greely (Donnelly Training Area or DTA) are part of Fort Wainwright. I believe this is the case, much like the transfer of the Seward Army Rec camp to Fort Wainwright, there are some town halls coming up if you have access to post you might want to attend: http://www.elmendorf.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123171804

I do wonder about the joining of the wildlife folks?

The wildlife folks will be joined. AKridgerunner who posts on this site every so often will be the man in charge. Another question is the future of small game hunts. Ft Rich allows them but Elmendorf does not. What about base recreation permits? Logically they chould be just one for both places but who knows? Maybe AKRR can make some information known.

I doubt there will be much change anytime soon. I'm hoping they remove most of the Elmendorf wildlife good ole' boys, and keep the Ft. Rich guys.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S. View Post
    The wildlife folks will be joined. AKridgerunner who posts on this site every so often will be the man in charge. Another question is the future of small game hunts. Ft Rich allows them but Elmendorf does not. What about base recreation permits? Logically they chould be just one for both places but who knows? Maybe AKRR can make some information known.
    As far as I know there has never been a need for a Rec pass on the Elmendorf side. Anyone can pretty much come and go as they wish on the A.F side of Base. As far as the hunts go I doubt there will be any changes made any time soon.
    Former A.F Staff Sergeant

The rec pass I was referring to is the fishing permit. I should have been clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S. View Post
    The rec pass I was referring to is the fishing permit. I should have been clearer.
    Oh ok gotcha
    Former A.F Staff Sergeant

Talking

Who cares, I win one every two years regardless!!!

heeheehee

Taylor

-[]------->

LMAO...........I hope you didn't jinx yourself.

Default Air Force will be the lead agency.

The two post's will become one instillation, Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson (JBER). The Air Force will be the agency with an Army deputy commander. Although the process is well underway, it will take a lil time to see which organizations will merge and which will remain the same. I don't see a change in hunting areas this year but give it a year or two and things may change, hopefully for the better. I'm still not sure why the two posts have different hunting dates, other than the Fort Rich side has much more huntable land than Elmo. With any luck I will draw one of them hunts this year as I drew zero tags this year Good luck to those of you who have tags in hand now, seen some dandy bulls wondering around!

Default I anticipate

we will be one giant installation. The goal is to be seamless to the public. As to the details, unknown at this point, but should be no major changes to what you are used too. My humble opinion.