Thread: 2010-11 Hunt supplement

Exclamation 2010-11 Hunt supplement

It's on the web...

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/permi.../draw_supp.pdf

Good luck to everyone!
    Richard

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

man the numbers just keep getting worse

6% is now the best chance i get for any of the tags near home.... WOW!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default worse

and now you have to wait till the end of March for results, nothing ever gets any better

Dang, why did you have to post this? I've got a bunch of work to get done today and now I have to look over the supplement for the next hour or more. You're gonna make me have to work late!

Quote Originally Posted by akhunter02 View Post
    and now you have to wait till the end of March for results, nothing ever gets any better
    The end of March seems pretty extreme, but I think they want to try and get some winter mortality information before they release permits so they can reduce the number of winners if needed. It beats the heck out of July!!!

Default Atleast you have tags

They pretty much axed all the tags in SE except the bowhunting elk. A couple bad winters and a boom in the wolf population ended any drawing moose hunts.

Default could be

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    The end of March seems pretty extreme, but I think they want to try and get some winter mortality information before they release permits so they can reduce the number of winners if needed. It beats the heck out of July!!!

But that assumes the are doing arial surveys of those species to comfirm numbers, but they dont do areials every year.

Default Nice, but...

The only problem is all this information is FAKE!!! Don't even bother looking at it. The real supplement won't come out until Jan. 1st so there is no need to even think about permit applications until then. Just ignore all those forms you see at ADF&G. Ignore any e-mails you may get from firends. Nothing to see here...

Default Done!!!

Well after 2 hours of hasty research w/ pen/paper/calculator/maps and my wife saying I look like a mad scientist riffling threw all the papers/maps/draw odds/harvest odds/ and google earth I finally figured out what I am going to apply my wife and myself for moose, sheep, goats, brown bear, caribou, and bison. PHEW!!! I can sleep easy now. As long as I don't lose the paper with all the permit app #s. Thanks oakman for helping me get all this done early.

Not to change the subject ,But do you need to take the hunter safety course when hunting on base in unit 14 ? Got my muzzle loader and bow card. Might as well put them use

thanks
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Well after 2 hours of hasty research w/ pen/paper/calculator/maps and my wife saying I look like a mad scientist riffling threw all the papers/maps/draw odds/harvest odds/ and google earth I finally figured out what I am going to apply my wife and myself for moose, sheep, goats, brown bear, caribou, and bison. PHEW!!! I can sleep easy now. As long as I don't lose the paper with all the permit app #s. Thanks oakman for helping me get all this done early.

LOL me too... and the look on her face as i circled the 220.00 price tag was pricless...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Not to change the subject ,But do you need to take the hunter safety course when hunting on base in unit 14 ? Got my muzzle loader and bow card. Might as well put them use

thanks
    I didn't need it last year for my Ft Rich bow hunt.

Talking thinking man

anchskier I like the way you operate.

Default hunter safety card

I needed it in 2008 for the Ft Rich bowhunt.
    Gary

So, since there is the fall and spring season for brown bear on this suppliment, you should be able to put in for them 6 times, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CGSwimmer25 View Post
    So, since there is the fall and spring season for brown bear on this suppliment, you should be able to put in for them 6 times, right?

nope you can only apply for three hunts of that species in ONE regulatory year. by putting in for 3 fall 2010 hunts you loose 3 spring 2011 hunts as they run july 2010 to June 2011

meet on face book here

No, you can only apply for 3 hunts. In the past, if you applied for, say, 2 brown bear hunts in the winter draw, you were only allowed 1 more shot at a tag in the spring, for a total of 3.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    No, you can only apply for 3 hunts. In the past, if you applied for, say, 2 brown bear hunts in the winter draw, you were only allowed 2 more shot at a tag in the spring, for a totla of 3.
    sorry AK... you drew 4 shots on that one and was disqualified....

(in the words of soup nazi) "NO TAGS FOR YOU!"

meet on face book here

Sometimes the fingers are faster than the brain......