Thread: Kenai pics ...

Default Kenai pics ...

My wife and I spent ten days on the Kenai in mid Sept. Lovely area and I wanted to share a few images with you.

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Those are great pictures. I love the one of the Salty Dog. This is the best picture of the saloon I've seen. That late light, dark blue sky, and beautiful clouds really make it pop! I'm glad you had a great time. I just got back from this area. The Kenai River is at flood levels. I've never seen the sanctuary so high.

Great photos, thanks! What camera setup do you use?

Easy to take great pics in a place as beautiful as the Kenai. Makes me look better than I am. The camera is a Canon 40D and I used the 10-22 and 24-105 mostly. Also used a Hoya Pro 1 polarizer on many landscape shots. Warmed the colors up a bit in Photoshop Elements 6.0 and increased sharpness some. My post processing skills are elementary to be honest, the area is just that pretty. Lovely area the Kenai.