Thread: Fishapalooza and Kenai Peninsula pictures...

Default Fishapalooza and Kenai Peninsula pictures...

I just put some pics together from our mid Sept trip on the Kenai. Fishapalooza was a blast and my wife and I were most impressed with the new friends we made. The first half is assorted pics from the Kenai Peninsula, namely the areas near Homer and Seward. The last half of the slideshow is from our rafting and flyfishing on the Upper Kenai. Lovely river and we will surely be going back. Click on the link below...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2114408...51000035/show/

Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

It sure was a hoot Dan!!!!
    Hope to see y'all next year!!!!

Is that the proper use of the word y'all I'm not too fluent in southern.

Default Y'all

Not bad for a Cannuck, Eh?

"Y'all, formerly spelled "You-all'", is a contraction of the phrase "you all", and is pronounced as one syllable. It is used as a plural second-person pronoun. Commonly believed to have originated in the Southern United States."

"The only usage of eh? that is exclusive to Canada, according to the Canadian Oxford Dictionary, is for "ascertaining the comprehension, continued interest, agreement, etc., of the person or persons addressed" as in, "It's four kilometres away, eh, so I have to go by bike." In that case, eh? is used to confirm the attention of the listener and to invite a supportive noise such as "Mm" or "Oh" or "Okay". It essentially is an interjection meaning, "I'm checking to see you're listening so I can continue."
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Awesome pics and great memories!

Default thanks

for sharing your alaska photos.You got some nice shots.That was a good time and was nice to meet you and the Mrs. We will have to do that camp fire thing again.Hope to see you again next year. Andrew

Default oh wow

I did not know they had dictionaries in the south.

Jkidding dan, Once again, thanks for that awesome gumbo and hope to see you in the future on the river
    Go Fish

We will be fishing together again for sure. Had a great time guys. So nice to have met you folks. We will be coming up this year atleast once, likely twice. Looking forward to it already.

Question some notice

Sounds good Dan. Give me some advance notice; I'd like you and your wife to meet my better half this time; you'd get along great. And like I said when you were here; let me know what you need locally here that might help on your next trip; we've got lots of this and that here.

Any idea what your next trip here is going to go do? Probably lots of ideas, eh?

Dan,
    Those are some really nice photos. I especially like seeing the places I recognize through another lens. Seems all enjoyed the trip and great friends were made-too bad the hoser's Bills suck so bad eh?!

Thumbs up recognizable places

Yeah, I too recognized so many places that I've been in your pictures Dan. One difference though is that your pictures of those spots are better than my pictures! Thanks so much for sharing yours!

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Any idea what your next trip here is going to go do? Probably lots of ideas, eh?
    Not sure man, depends on breaks in contracts with work. For that reason I have something planned from Chena in Feb to NW Alaska in late Sept with about six float trip possibilities in the middle. The key for me is being flexible

I for sure will let you know well ahead of time as I would love to meet up with you and a few others while up. Likely a trip in summer and fall if nothing else. May throw in an extra long weekend somewhere just for shets and giggles. You will know either way. It sure was a pleasure meeting you and you represent your state well. Should I be in NC in March, I will bring the smoker to you for your get together. This contract ends Jan 1st so I am still unsure where I will be come March.

Glad you guys liked the pics. It is hard to take a bad picture in a place as beautiful as the Kenai.

Default next trip to Alaska

Definitely do let me know when you're headed back up. Maybe if you have a layover in the Anchorage area one evening I could introduce you the my better half; you two would like her and vice versa.

We could head out to dinner, or if I make one of my best recipes I might not be too embarrassed - its tough to cook for a good cook - but I do make a rack of lamb that is better than any I've had at a restaurant, and I'm presently attempting to perfect a french onion soup too.

Though I'd like to see you in March I'd also wish you the best, for another contract kicking in for ya. Thanks for thinking of me re: my March trip to NC.

What camera and lens do you have? Those pictures are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    I just put some pics together from our mid Sept trip on the Kenai. Fishapalooza was a blast and my wife and I were most impressed with the new friends we made. The first half is assorted pics from the Kenai Peninsula, namely the areas near Homer and Seward. The last half of the slideshow is from our rafting and flyfishing on the Upper Kenai. Lovely river and we will surely be going back. Click on the link below...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2114408...51000035/show/

Dan

Familyman,

Everything sounds great with dinner and I will keep you informed about March. I would love to be in a position to help you out and visit a bit at the same time.

Sage,

I use a Canon 40D with Canon 10-22, 24-105, 100-400, and 100 f/2.8 lenses. Hoya HD circular polarizer helps alot on the landscape images. Basic postprocessing done in Photoshop Elements 6.0.

Default sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Familyman,

Everything sounds great with dinner and I will keep you informed about March. I would love to be in a position to help you out and visit a bit at the same time.
    Sounds good Dan. Though after eating your cooking I'm a little nervous about cooking for you... Really good cooks are the toughest to cook for. I'd better practice up a few more recipes.... I'm likely to fall back on one or two I have that are way above par... currently rack of lamb is my finest main course recipe.

Such a small world. You're what? 4000 miles away? And you've golfed on the course my Mom lives on. Who'd've thunk?

It'd be great to see you this March there if you're there then. In case you're not, I'm working on a Pernil recipe that I'll share with you when its close enough to working; I'm 90% there now. Pernil is a pork shoulder/butt (oops, can I say butt here?) done puerto-rican style and can be done in an oven, though after I work it out the very next one will happen in my smoker, which of course is always preferable for large pork pieces. Stay tuned on this one.

And you two would get along famously with my better half. Ask Vince or King; she's the one of the family with manners, wit, social graces.... I could go on... Well at least I cook and can make a computer do my bidding way better than her!

P.S. I'm thinking next 'palooza to bring my smoker down and do a pork shoulder/butt there; it would feed everyone more than one meal.

Proper y'all in the southern lingo is "ya'll" , just an FYI!

Sounds good Dan. Though after eating your cooking I'm a little nervous about cooking for you... Really good cooks are the toughest to cook for..

Au contraire my humble friend, it is I who should be nervous cooking for you

Such a small world. You're what? 4000 miles away? And you've golfed on the course my Mom lives on. Who'd've thunk?
    No doubt man. Took a golf lesson there in June and will be going back for sure as the pro really knew his stuff. I lived across the street for almost two years while attending Campbell University. Stole a trash can full of range balls (later returned) from the driving range as part of hell month while a frat pledge. I even got some ... well, you know, on the course one night.

Fond memories I think

she's the one of the family with manners, wit, social graces.... I could go on....

After meeting you I have a hard time swallowing that one, but we will look forward to meeting her nonetheless.