Thread: Anchorage archery ranges

Default Anchorage archery ranges

I have been out of archery for a few years, and am now in school in anchorage and would like to get back into it. Can anyone recommend a range and/or club here in the anchorage area? Thanks
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
    Henry Ford

Default archery ranges

Bill at Back country archery has an indoor range in his shop, there is the Black Sheep archery club on Elmendorf, which has an indoor and an outdoor range, and I think Rabbit Creek rifle range has an archery range. I have been a member of the Black sheep for a few years, and have been happy with them. They can also get you a pass to get on base, but I believe there are restrictions on the hours you can use the pass.( I think it is something like 8am to 9pm). If you are military/dependant, you can use the indoor range 24hrs a day, and can shoot up to 50 or 60 yards inside.

Jake
    All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

Default link to Black sheep

Here is a link to the Black sheep, and also the hours that you can use the base pass is 8am to 10:30pm

http://www.blacksheeparchery.com/index.html
    All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

Thanks, I appreciate it
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
    Henry Ford

Don't forget to take the directions to their indoor range with you if you forget you will be driving all over Elemendorf looking for the place like i did lol.

Bill is a great guy and great on fixing bows

blacksheep love it's open 24hrs.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Question

Speaking of Blacksheep, does anyone know a dependable way of getting ahold of Pam Jacobs? Shot her an email but haven't heard back. My father and I were left off the mailing list after we renewed this last time and are now without the codes for oct/nov

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

The monthly meeting is Thursday at 7:00 at the indoor range. No doubt, Pam will be there and you can resolve your problem in person.