Thread: dang wolves

Exclamation dang wolves

Im trying to be general so I dont give my spot away but. I have a hunting spot that is bordered by a river valley on each side about 100 miles long and has ocean on one side and icefeilds on the other. About 10 miles deep. The wolves and bears have totaly ransacked the place the last 3 or 4 years. Its A rugged 2 hour vertical hike to get to the area. Doable but not easy. Hand over fist getting up there. Would it worth it switch up and use a predator call on my day trips or weekend warrior trips instead of hoping get fresh game. I dont have the time to get into the trapping aspect. At least I dont think I do anyways.

Do it!!!

Do it while they are around, and score some fur!!!

If you dont, they will leave and find prey elsewhere, and then you'll get none.......so get over there.

Good luck!!
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I have been bringing them in pretty regular here in Idaho with a Coyote howler and some hurt dog sounds. Nailed an Alpha male at 17 yards a couple days ago.
    Every time i see a steamer or hear them howl i have called em in,, The yipe yipe yipe sound brings em in in a hurry..
    I have had more fun and excitement hunting wolves than i have ever had hunting anything else. I am home for the day to re-up on grub then heading back to hunt wolves for 10 days,
    I still have a Elk Deer and Antelope tag to fill but am just going to concentrate on Wolves.

Good luck.......

Get yourself a foxpro fury, download some sounds, and go have some fun.

Im might give it a try. I think will pretty hit and miss. The scat I was seeing was probably ten days old. They might have moved on. But I know they do come thru there I just dont know how to predict how often.

Default Way to go slimm

That's cool you whacked a wolf. I'm originally from ID. I've lived in AK for 10 years now. I'm from Boise/Poky, and my wife is from Filer (near you). All my buddy's tell me the wolves have everything eaten up down there. They have trouble finding deer and elk now. Anyway, thanks for helping with the population down there.
    Magnum Man, I hope you go and whack a few too. It'll be worth the hike.

Default get um

Wack em while you can! After talking to friends in SE it sounds like wolves are definitely on the upswing. Not enough two legged predators takin out the four legged ones. Hope they can still get enough venison for the freezer.
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.

Quote Originally Posted by ACNDHO View Post
    Wack em while you can! After talking to friends in SE it sounds like wolves are definitely on the upswing. Not enough two legged predators takin out the four legged ones. Hope they can still get enough venison for the freezer.
    Hey Al, Josh and AJ went down to Boca 2 weeks ago and Josh got one on the beach. He said there was lot's of sign.

They should respond to coyote calls if they are around. They prefer to weed out all competition. The valley I've hunted in had everything run out of it; fox, coyote, and griz. I actually saw two wolves chasing a griz once. Good luck....
    PC gag in place.

Hunting fur is a blast! Get a Foxpro and have at it! One of the fur shaker decoys is awesome as well.