Thread: Delta clearwater

Default Delta clearwater

Wondering if anyone has been down hunting on the clear water, or in Delta in general? Me and my buddy were going make a run this pas weekend but between work and sick daughters we didn't make it. Just wondering if anyone has a report on what we missed out on. Thanks in advance.

Dont worry cause you didnt miss anything unless your into watching swans...Ive been hunting Delta for about a month now and after slamming crane every weekend and not a goose in sight this past weekend was a total bust...saw some crane from the second flight but thousands of swans filled the skys and still no geese...didnt even get to fire the gun...I will be back again laying in the field next weekend prolly for the last time...

well, we hunted around north pole and it wasn't worth much either. Seen one of your swans land not to far from the duck decoys. They sure get you excited when it looks like a B-52 come over the tree tops. Anyone been hunting any ducks around Delta??

Lots of ducks, but to much open water. Specifically lots of mallards but in flocks of 100 or more. Need some cold water to freeze up the thousands of potholes around here. Healy should be good in a few weeks.

Me and my partner hunted Sat and killed four green wing teal. Never killed a teal in oct before. I haven't hunted Clearwater this year but have been told that recently it has been very slow.