Thread: Ermine

Default Ermine

What about ermine? My friend got one in a 110 that was set vertically on a tree with some bait above it, but I am curious as to how you guys also do it. I have heard about people making boxes with a small round hole is this the norm? Maybe someone could respond with a sort of how to for us new guys, that would be great. I have seen several small weasel looking trails and would like to take advantage of them. Thanks.

Default check this out

check out this link it shows one type at the top and another mid message

http://www.trapperman.com/ubb/ultima...c;f=1;t=018476

Default another type

sorry I didn't put them both in one. hope these help

http://www.trapperman.com/ubb/ultima...c;f=1;t=018476

A lot of times ermin will walk through a 110 without hitting the trigger. If you use 110s you might want to tie a piece of tie wire across the trigger to increese odds.

here in WA, we cannot use anything but cage traps. But simple rat traps are legal. I make boxes with a 2 inch hole in them. i place a large size rat trap (snap trap) in it. I bait with fresh meat and also put some fresh blood on the outside and inside the box. works great.

I would think the same set with a 110 or small foothold would work. the rat traps are cheap and it actually works great for them.

Hope I help in some way. My boxes are 10" wide 15" long and 6" high. I put the trap in the back and screw it to the floor with 1 drywall screw. This keeps the ermine from moving the trap and also puts the ermine fully in the box, for other bigger critters will pull its tail if it is sticking out of the box.

My brother used to just use a rat trap, paint it white, and nail it to a tree. He was pretty successful with this setup, too.

-Brian