Thread: Found a few bunnies

Default Found a few bunnies

After a disappointing moose season, thought we would do something a little more productive and do a 'family' style of hunt. While my buddy and I were out moose hunting this year, we found an area with TONS of rabbits. My friend has a 7 year old son so we knew he would have a ball out here. So my buddy and I plus his wife and son loaded up and went after a few bunnies.

To get him the first rabbit was a pretty good challenge. It wasn't real thick, but thick enough. It was cold out and they weren't moving much so I figured if I were a rabbit I'd be sitting at the base of a tree or something in the brush. So I take him into the brush and no sooner than we get in there and I see one sitting there. So I get him lined up with a clear shot and BAM. He shoots, but bunny doesn't move. He shoots again. Miss number two, so I tell him just aim right for the head, well he shoots and misses just barely. bunny darts a little ways and stops. So I re-position him and thwack! Got the first bunny. 1 of what felt like a million by days end. He had a great time and so did we. I figure with as many bunnies as we saw their would definetely be some predators around. Days end we had like 19 between the 4 of us.

We missed a few to get this guy. First of many.
    cabin at redshirt 057.jpg

He didn't get him them all. But he sure tried!
    cabin at redshirt 081.jpg
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Nice job! He looks like feels 10 foot tall!

Default bunny shooting

Now that looks like a day of bunny shooting--not bunny hunting. Tell the boy congrats on his first bunny. Good job guys.

You mentioned predators should be around. Did you see any sign of predators?

How do you cook up your bunnies?
    Do you do anything with the skins?

We found 5 dead rabbits, maybe foxes got them. They weren't shot.

Kept about half of their hides. I figure will go get some more when they have a good hide on them. This was back about 3 weeks.

They tasted pretty good deep fried.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Shoot Pike is that snow on the ground already?

Its all about get the kids involved. Nice Job.