Thread: First Sled

Default First Sled

Looking at a 07 Viking. Searched this forum, there is quite a bit of info, however, in the postings (most are 1-2 years old) a lot said they would post results after driving them for a while. I'm looking for any current info that you all might have with regards to this sled, likes/dislikes, how have they performed in the real sub zero temps (starting), real MPG figures etc, again current info/first hand results and such. Really appreciate it. Thanks...

Oh yhea. I don't plan on doing any crazy stuff. Mostly would use for hunting, maybe some trail riding with my wife on the back. Would like a versatile sled that will do a little of everything I guess, doesn't everybody?

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewforum.p...7bec83fb7aca38 Try here should find a bunch on it. Make sure has high and Low gear, 06,s being sold as 07 machines did not have.Plenty power!! Fast in High range, Good Ride, Pull anything you hook to it,Lean about vent shields, or will heat up if not removed. Very Heavy, Bit of Mule to turn in the woods, Need wider ski,s Start ok in the cold once get the trick to it.Don,t flood it. Take Hr to change the plugs.

My friend has 2 four stroke Yamahogs. He has to put them inside for 2-4 hours and (usually) jump start them to get them running below 10 degrees.

IMO - Look at a 550F Tundra (if you like to play a little bit) or a Bearcat 570F for 2 up comfort.

I have 2 Yamaha nytro's and I love love them.

Default Scandic Tundra 550F

I have an 08 scandic tundra 550 fan and I just love it. I think this machine would be perfect for what you are looking for.
    Yamahas are a bit heavy and you have to go 4 stroke. Ski-doo gives you the option 2 or 4 stroke they are also way lighter than any yamaha could ever be. I know some people who like their bearcats and this would be a good option also.
    For the price, reliability, and quality it's hard to beat the scandic tundra.
    Two up seating. tow hitch included. large cargo rack for spare gas etc.
    Under seat stowage for extra stuff (survial gear for me).
    RER electronic reverse. hand warmers. Good suspension.
    Haven't tested it in the extreme cold yet but it has started great for me all the way down to -35 while sitting outside all night.
    Plenty of power for everything but mountain climbing. Might have to try this though as I might suprise myself.
    Just my $.02
    CHRIS

This is on craigs list this would most likely be a better buy check it out if you like sale-zhx9j-1427428537@craigslist.org

Quote Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
    Looking at a 07 Viking. Searched this forum, there is quite a bit of info, however, in the postings (most are 1-2 years old) a lot said they would post results after driving them for a while. I'm looking for any current info that you all might have with regards to this sled, likes/dislikes, how have they performed in the real sub zero temps (starting), real MPG figures etc, again current info/first hand results and such. Really appreciate it. Thanks...

Oh yhea. I don't plan on doing any crazy stuff. Mostly would use for hunting, maybe some trail riding with my wife on the back. Would like a versatile sled that will do a little of everything I guess, doesn't everybody?