Thread: Thanks

Default Thanks

Whoever went into Radioshack in Wasilla picked up all the items for a homemade e-caller but didn't buy it. Evidently they had all the parts in a bag and had been holding onto them for about a year but didn't have some of the items in stock so they took the bag and rang it up for me. The only things they didn't have bagged were the Speco speaker and thermos. Anyway thanks for not picking it up it made it alot easier than hunting around the store.

ooops, I think that might have been me. They were supposed to call me when the rest of the parts came in. too funny. Make sure you post up some pics of your build!

They have the speco speakers at frigid north in Anchorage. I just built a third one and will be doiing a fourth for the Alaska Frontier Trappers Association meeting next month. I went in and purchased their last amp in the valley. Hopefully they get more.

Default Amps

Are you guys using the Radio Shack amplifier? I built a few callers in the past and found these kits or assembled amps to be really good for callers. The 7watt mono has plenty of power to drive those Speco's too. Just some food for thought since winter is coming and indoor tinkering on e-callers is something fun to do.
    http://www.electronickits.com/kit/complete/complete.htm

I remember reading a how to build thread last winter, but am unable to find it. Does anyone have this thread? I would like to build a caller this year. Thanks

I have it on our forums for the Alaska Frontier Trappers Association with the parts list and everything. Click on this link.
    http://alaska-frontier-trappers-asso...php?topic=17.0

Jon

well here it is all it needs now is paint

mine is a little smaller than others since I used a different thermos. The one I used comes in the Coleman cooler 3 pack that Freddies has. On the lid i cut the raised pour hole off so that the power button sat flush if you do this take the piece you cut off and use it as a washer on the inside of the lid. the vent hole I opened up and used that for the LED light. If night calling I can use the flip lid (not pictured) to cover the light. Since I used the pour hole for the power button I drilled another hole and used a headphone female jack wired to the amp that way I can unplug the speaker from the soundsource without opening the entire thing up. I hadn't read anywhere about how to hold the speaker into the thermos so I got some liquid nails for foamboard and used that

Nice. I like the plug at the top part so the cord isn't always there. Time to redo one of mine. I found a thermos at Sportsmans that looks like one of the Big Bubba mugs so it will carry and lay down like a foxpro. It's white and camo for 9.99. So I'll be doing another. I will be sure and adopt the plug on the end idea for that one also.

Let us know how you do. Have you been trying it out in the house? My dogs hate it when I sit around trying to make up new sequences.

Quote Originally Posted by arrowslinger View Post
    Nice. I like the plug at the top part so the cord isn't always there. Time to redo one of mine. I found a thermos at Sportsmans that looks like one of the Big Bubba mugs so it will carry and lay down like a foxpro. It's white and camo for 9.99. So I'll be doing another. I will be sure and adopt the plug on the end idea for that one also.

Let us know how you do. Have you been trying it out in the house? My dogs hate it when I sit around trying to make up new sequences.
    yeah I have used it in the house dog wife and 5 month old hate it my 2.5 year old loves it now to come up with some sequences

Well I actually own just about all of the parts now. Anyone know where to pick up the speaker locally (eagle river/ANC/wasilla)?

Speco SP-5 at Frigid North in Anchorage for 10 bucks

Looks really good. Get some paint on it and get with it. Good luck.

made my 4th one. This is the thermos I found. Now I just need to find the plug floorguy has for the top of his. Has the button and red LED as do all of mine but I want the plug for the top so I can disconnect the cord. Do you have a part number or where you got it Floorguy? Maybe I don't want to mess with trying to wire it to the amp. Sounds like more than my shaky hands can handle. Still waiting for the parts to be in stock for the remote one. Should be able to get 100 yards plus out of it (supposedly).

FloorGuy, I guess I have the sam question about the part number on that female headphone jack? That really makes the setup a lot more travel friendly and the install looks much cleaner!!

arrowslinger, what parts are you talking about for the remote transmitter? Is there a good cheap way to get this setup operating remotely?

Also if anyone is looking for another site w/ sounds check out http://www.mscustomcalls.com/MP3.html
    Last edited by LuJon; 11-22-2009 at 05:36.

the part is 274-274 Inline 1/8" Phone Jack

I am also interested in parts for making it wireless.

Requires a NADY-351 wireless lappel microphone system. They were 77 bucks now I can only find them for $120 and none are in stock. E-bay has one occasionally. Jon P.S. thanks for the part #

Quote Originally Posted by FloorGuy View Post
    the part is 274-274 Inline 1/8" Phone Jack

I am also interested in parts for making it wireless.
    Thanks for the part #!