Thread: Rod building Club

Default Rod building Club

Greetings everyone. The first meeting of the Alaska Rod Building club was yesterday. The attendance was less than I expected but there is a glimmer of hope. I will be planning another one late November or early December. I kept the subject list for the first one open as I didn't know what everybody wanted to see. I also wanted to allow "first time rodbuilders" time to go over the basics. For the next meeting I hope to do something that I have wanted to do for a long time. I will build 3 rods all with different guide configurations then anyone that wants to can test cast them. 1 Will have conventional guides with recomended guide spacing. 1 will have convetional guides with a "Spiral Wrap". the third rod will have Micro Guides. I am anxious to see the ressults myself. I have heard a lot about the different styles of wraps and guides so I am looking forward to playing around. If there is something that you want to see at one of these gatherings let me know.

P.S. If I can keep it from the hands of its new owner for a bit I will bring my latest fly rod, or I could just stall on finishing it until then....

Well id love to attend if only i knew where it luck not in Juneau