Thread: Rod building club

Default Rod building club

Greetings everyone. The first meeting of the Alaska Rod Building club was yesterday. The attendance was less than I expected but there is a glimmer of hope. I will be planning another one late November or early December. I kept the subject list for the first one open as I didn't know what everybody wanted to see. I also wanted to allow "first time rodbuilders" time to go over the basics. For the next meeting I hope to do something that I have wanted to do for a long time. I will build 3 rods all with different guide configurations then anyone that wants to can test cast them. 1 Will have conventional guides with recomended guide spacing. 1 will have convetional guides with a "Spiral Wrap". the third rod will have Micro Guides. I am anxious to see the ressults myself. I have heard a lot about the different styles of wraps and guides so I am looking forward to playing around. If there is something that you want to see at one of these gatherings let me know

Kirk

Kirk,

First I head of this...did you post information before?
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    Kirk,

First I head of this...did you post information before?

Yes he did Tim but I think you were filming a hunt when he posted it.

Oh...tks. That's probably the case. I would have liked to seen that.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

TDE & anyone else interested there will be more gatherings planned. This is a great opportunity for everyone. I attended one of these on the East Coast when I was out there for buisness last spring. It gets builders motivated, educates new builders, and there are even a few truths stretched, if you can believe that from a bunch of fishermen. All in All it is good fun.

Kirk

Default I'm interested!

give me a contact number . Never built one but always wanted to!

I am interested also. Contact?
    NRA Lifetime Member