Thread: Another trailer post

Default Another trailer post

I am always cruising Alaskaslist and Craigslist for anything and everything. So today I am looking at Ak'slist in the utility trailer section and MY GOD, the prices!! I have bought and sold a few trailers here in the last few years. But some of the prices on these are truly unbelievable!! Here are a couple of examples:

http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/10_Tr...r_Trailer.html

http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/10_Tr...y_Trailer.html

Hope I don't insult anyone but my god!! I guess I shouldn't be complaining since I am in the selling mood but I plan on upgrading a bit!! I guess anyone in the market for a trailer should stop by Aurora Trailers. If you want a high quality trailer built to your specs you won't be disappointed!! And no, I am not affiliated with them at all, just a satified customer!!

Does anyone else think these trailers prices are out of control???
    EricL

You can build a better trailer than you can buy. But...it will cost more. The cost of materials is wicked right now.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

I'll have to agree, that it is the cost of materials which has driven up new trailer prices. And if new trailers go up in cost, everyone trys to sell their old trailers for more. I've seen trailers from 1999/2000 sell for more than they were new on Craigslist....CRAZY!....but a fact of life around here.

I went Aurora Trailers on Tudor this summer to get a new raft/rhino trailer. I looked at the prices of the used ones and their condition and realized that for about the same or a couple hunder dollars more I could have one built the way I wanted it. They did an awesome job and had it done sooner than promised. They also offered to loan me one if I needed one while mine was being built. I sold my old raft trailer for $100 less than I paid for it 11 years ago!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by alaskariverguy View Post
    I went Aurora Trailers on Tudor this summer to get a new raft/rhino trailer. I looked at the prices of the used ones and their condition and realized that for about the same or a couple hunder dollars more I could have one built the way I wanted it. They did an awesome job and had it done sooner than promised. They also offered to loan me one if I needed one while mine was being built. I sold my old raft trailer for $100 less than I paid for it 11 years ago!

Steve
    Bought one from Aurora this summer as well. Very well built and handles like a champ.

16' x 8'6".. Heavy duty steel ramps (loads a fully stocked Rangerxp 1500lbs +) that hook anywhere around the trailer and slide into pockets in the rear. D' rings all the way around.

Great price. Couldn't be more pleased.

Default ur right

Eric, you're right that is ridiculous; makes me glad I've got 3 trailers sitting here now, though likely the wife is slightly less glad than I...

And that $2900. trailer's wheels are WAY too far rearward; any load you put on there would weigh very heavily on your tow vehicle's hitch; no way to ever balance that one.

Steel has actually come down about 30-40% in the last year. My bro in law built a 24' triple axle flat bed over the winter and said he could have saved a bundle if he had waited till this summer to buy his materials. He still has about $3,500 into parts/pieces, but you can't buy a 24' (27' at the tip of the vee) x 8'3" drive on/drive off with marine plywood decking for that. He has 3 - 3500# axles (all with electric brakes) and 16" wheels under it to boot.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I bought my Geortzen steel 10,000 GVWR trailer 10 years ago for $3600. Ramps included. I wouldn't part with it for less than $4000 today.

I hauled a road worthy commercial 40' semi-trailer that a buddy bought for $2500 a week ago . It even passed an annual inspection without a single repair.

Prices are what ever you can get for them
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem