Thread: Ammo

Default Ammo

Seems that the ammo shortage is still going on. It's still hard, (not impossible) to find the exact ammo you want, especially .22 ammo. Yesterday, I tried 4 different stores and while three of them had a few bricks of .22 ammo, they were all hollow points. One of the stores had a few 100 packs of copper plated round noses, but nobody had solid lead. The 100 packs were going for 6.99 a box, and the bricks were 18.99 a box.

Now I realize there was a run on guns and ammo after Obama was elected, but I have a hard time believing a year later that all people can think about is buying ammo and stockpiling it. I'm starting to think there is something else going on like ammo companies gouging consumers because they can. Or is it possible there is another reason why they aren't producing more ammo such as a brass shortage or something?

This is the land of free markets and where there is a shortage and a demand, there should be someone looking at the profit to be made and building new factories. What's going on.....really?

Folks are still buying all the 22lr ammo they can find in the lower 48 and I don't see a change comming soon.

Amigo Will is right. Walmart here in town gets a half a dozen bricks of 22's on Monday and Thursday mornings and they are gone in a matter of hours. Before BO they got 4 bricks twice a week and they wouldn't order some weeks because they piled up in the storeroom!

Us ammo users tend to be hoarders anyway and as long as we feel the threat we'll keep hoarding!

Here in AZ I have not seen 22 in bricks all year. The local WM guys say they get it in a couple of times a month but it is never around when I am there.

Default I finally found 10MM ammo locally

A friend turned me on to Alaska High-Performance Ammo (http://alaska-ammo.com/) and he had plenty of it. He's the local distributor for DoubleTap Ammo.

Great guy, it also turns out he's on the forum as AKrstabout and is the sponsor of the Ammo Dump forum, which I didnt even realize was there.

Great prices and he saved me a bundle in shipping if I'd ordered it on the web. I picked up 5 boxes of 230 grain hardcast and 5 boxes of 200 grain hardcast (great hunting sidearm rounds!)

I just ordered 7 boxes of 200 grain hardcast as well from AHPA also...