Thread: Trail cams

Default Trail cams

which one does everyone use what are your likes or dislikes. Im looking at getting one for next years bear baiting season.

I was going to ask this same question...

They seem to run from the on sale buggers for 89 bucks to more than 500. Guess its pretty much like optics, you get what you pay for. If you are interested in a nice one (or if a few people on here are), I could get a group buy together for a Reconyx (I believe thats the one) camera....

Earlier this year, there were a lot of folks using Cuddy Back cameras at their bait stations. I have a Stealth Cam Prowler, I paid 330 landed in Fairbanks.

I did a bit of research before I bought this one. One of the Reconyx models won a product review, however cost was somewhere between 400 and 500 at the time. I didn't want to spend that much. I recall it scored highly because the camera more quickly activated on motion. Others had a small angle field in which the shot was triggered, and a relatively small field of view. In short, some cameras barely caught the target in time or was on the very edge of the photo field. If the object was going faster, it would not have been caught in the photo.

I boiled my selection down to what can I get for the money I am willing to spend. With my camera, I get day color stills and video, B&W photo and video. I think it is suitable for my purposes.

I know what you mean I want a good one but dont want to spend $500. The cuddy back on cabelas is $250. Just waiting to see what everyone else has and how they like it.

I own two $99 Moultrie Game cams and they are incredible. I just can't see spending more. I'm working on uploading a short video to youtube right now full of photos we got of bears this spring. I think they worked well for me because of my bear audience that was captivated by BAIT!, but good placement down a game trail overcomes a slower trigger. I'll post the link as soon as it's done uploading.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I own two $99 Moultrie Game cams and they are incredible. I just can't see spending more. I'm working on uploading a short video to youtube right now full of photos we got of bears this spring. I think they worked well for me because of my bear audience that was captivated by BAIT!, but good placement down a game trail overcomes a slower trigger. I'll post the link as soon as it's done uploading.
    John thanks cant wait to see the pics

Ok it's loaded up. It's fairly short but you have to wade thru some our hunt photos with it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LXYNtES5XM
    let me know what you think.

I was thoroughly happy with these cheap Moultrie cameras day or night shots! Why pay more?

We use mostly cuddebacks and had one moultrie last year. The moultrie kept changing picture colors on us last year from regular color to purple to pink...not sure why.

The cuddebacks take great pictures, especially at night with the IR. We take....I guess close to 4-5000 pics a year on all our baits. The batteries seem to do well in the cuddebacks as well.

I use the Stealth Cams.....profile pic is one of the pics from last year it took. Works ok for me.

Thanks guys for all the info John great pics