Thread: Who is a Weird Handgunner?

Default Who is a Weird Handgunner?

10 Nagant Revolvers. Two .455 webleys. One .32 Webley. Two .38 S&W webleys.

I shoot 'em all

Beat that

1. Ak-47 Pistol
    2. Ar-15 Pistol
    3. Sp89 HK Pistol
    4. 1917 Colt DA .45
    5. Makarov in 9mm and 380
    6. Star Hammer .22 auto
    7. 7 different .45 autos
    8. Jennings J22....LOL
    9. Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine
    10. Kimmel 7 shot .32 Revolver

Is that weird enough ?

Ya only get wierd points for the Kimmel and for the 30 carbine Blackhawk. Normal folks dont shoot those. Congrats

Well if a 30 carbine Blackhawk counts I'm in.
    How about a brace of CZ52s 7.62X25mm?
    Also have that Makarov 9X18mm.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Not yet, but one of these days I'm going to get a double barreled front stuffer to make a charcoal belching 12 bore howdah.

Hey Paul,

I'm picking up Pedersoli's Howdah 20. I shot a friend's and was sincerely blown away. With a 340 grain round ball or an ounce of buckshot on top of a stiff powder charge, the 20 is plenty to hang onto, and results are impressive. I'm not sure I could hang onto a 12 with stiff loads, though. Keep us posted when you get it, and I'll gladly pass on the weird crown, even if I won't shoot your gun!

Heck, I didn't know they made them. I'll just have to ask Santa for one of the 20 ga ones, oughta fit in my stocking

Default I prefer...

to call the 12 ga. version a "72 Magnum".....

As to the weirdness part, there's a Nambu somewhere in the pile-o-stuff. All I could do to keep from hurling chunks when this lump came around. Only thing worse is a Type 94, perhaps.
    There's also been a Lahti or two, a Mauser, and I once had a Fabrique Nationale manufactured 'Barracuda' revolver in my hands for a day or two.

I have to wonder if the reason they're only available as front stuffers is to keep from going over the line into 'destructive devices' because of the bore size if they were made to accomodate self contained cartridges? The 'Judge' gets by because the .410 bore is 'under' the half inch bore size restriction, as well as the .500 S&W that's right at .5 diameter.
    Last edited by Darreld Walton; 10-10-2009 at 06:00. Reason: .

Quote Originally Posted by Darreld Walton View Post
    I have to wonder if the reason they're only available as front stuffers is to keep from going over the line into 'destructive devices' because of the bore size if they were made to accomodate self contained cartridges? The 'Judge' gets by because the .410 bore is 'under' the half inch bore size restriction, as well as the .500 S&W that's right at .5 diameter.
    Forgive me for not knowing a lot about what you are talking about but wouldn't a .570NE and .600NE double be considered a 'destructive device' according to what you said?

Default Big (over .5 inch) Bore rifles and shotguns...

From what I read, arms that are recognized to have a legitimate sporting purpose, or can be proven to have a sporting purpose (hunting or target shooting) are excluded from regulation as 'Destructive Devices'.
    My bad. A modern "Howda" could likely fall under that heading.......now where's my Elephant and that darned Tiger when I need them????

Talking

Well now, my ex-wife thinks I'm weird ... my anti-gun, Obama lovin' co-workers think I'm weird ... I do own handguns ... soooo ...
    Yeah, I guess I AM a weird handgunner !!!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Darreld Walton View Post
    From what I read, arms that are recognized to have a legitimate sporting purpose, or can be proven to have a sporting purpose (hunting or target shooting) are excluded from regulation as 'Destructive Devices'.
    My bad. A modern "Howda" could likely fall under that heading.......now where's my Elephant and that darned Tiger when I need them????
    Muzzleloaders are somehow exempt. Consider the 54 calibers, 62 calibers (20 gauge), 69 calibers (16 gauge), 72 calibers (12 gauge) and 75 calibers (11 gauge). All are available commercially, both rifled and smoothbore. I know, it doesn't make sense, but with my interest in muzzleloaders, it's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Forgive me for not knowing a lot about what you are talking about but wouldn't a .570NE and .600NE double be considered a 'destructive device' according to what you said?

A destructive device is basically whatever the Attorney General decides it is.

http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pu...usc_chap44.pdf

Muzzle loaders are exempt under Title 18 USC, Chapter 44, Sec 101 SubP 921 (a)(16)(ii) in which it says that something that was not originally designed to accept conventional fixed ammunition may be defined as an "antique," and therefore not subject to the definition of a destructive device.

Shotguns are specifically exempted under Title 18 USC, Chapter 44, Sec 101 SubP 921 (a)(4) ONLY when the Attorney General Permits it for sporting purposes. So basically, if at any time Eric Holder chooses to make shotguns illegal, he can do it on a whim, with the legal justification in place.

Any other non-antique firearms (made after 1898) may only be excepted individually by the AG, or may be had IAW the National Firearms Act provisions (tax stamp, etc).