Thread: NO,listen/hear me out this is what i'm seeing in a ak river/lake boat

Post NO,listen/hear me out this is what i'm seeing in a ak river/lake boat

this is what i've come up with !! They said the factory will make it...a 24'x60" allweld w/tunnel a 6 deg rise ..FROM the front and going to a 0 deg at the rear...(about 60" from the rear the boat will be flat) so it will start out just like the boat they have in there lot, and taper down to 0 deg .the idea is to go where ever i want, and as shallow + as my last two boats but better ...the tunnel will act as the keel and cut the 'spin outs" that the old flat bottem would do once in a while/not paying attention.....i'm have chines on the two outside edges and ice runners on the rest . 58" from the "point/front" of the boat will be a "deck" with storage, and a spot to mount a removable pedstal chair (for that pike hole ) brown z-tone the inside, and camo outside ... from the bottem on up to the 1st roll on the side, left bare (so i can sand blast and coat with some teflon air boat stuff i use out of eagle river ) a 175 mec pro on the back switchable from jet to prop...
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

I doubt the tunnel would give the bottom of the boat very much "bite" to keep it from sliding.
    I have a 20' X 60" boat that has a warped "hull" like you are describing, mine happens to be 6 degrees at the transom and increases to about 11 degrees.
    They can be tricky and possibly sensitive to bow steering, maybe not a problem in a 24 footer. I just dont know if there will be much of a benefit.
    6 degree all the way thru or flat in the back, either way it will run shallow, I doubt you could notice much diffrence between the two. I do think you may notice its propensity to slide if its dead flat.
    My humble opinion............
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Post thanks gramps, (some 800+ hours latter i slid no more :).

in my Last boat a 20' flat bottem with 28" sides ,the last 5' was a 1/4 piece of alum, ran mid 30's w/90x65 jet... ran with lots of boats and any deg at the transome was parked/ stopped , in the gravel in/on clear creek near delta (during the big fire in the 90's) and i got it to the foot hills on the right.. up the wood, ...(but then i would not do that again)..shenjack (about moose free, some boo and/All bears!) ,around some rafters /10,000 pecker poles lookin to poke u, sure am glad i deface everything i own right off the bat so i can go break stuff and not care, go home fix it and do it again... well then again on the big water my flat/0 deg beat me to death...untill i got that 300$ seat out of cabelas...
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Why not go 72" at the bottom? More displacement, more space.