Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Huge Moose

Default Huge Moose

Got these pics sent to me in an email today. Said that it was 12' from hoof to the top of the antlers and 10' to the back. I'm not so sure I believe it though. The email also stated that the piece of wood that is across the road is 12' long. I don't know what you all think? Real or fake?

Former A.F Staff Sergeant

If you look closely at the second photo, it looks like its floating on air. I'd say he was cut and pasted on there
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

I'll I have to say is Holy Cow !!!! or should I say bull
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I say .... REPOST...i win

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Photo shop !

No shadows. Nice moose though.

This ones been around awhile,, photoshop.
    If you look at the mooses 'stance', its the same in both pic's.

Default mayebe

it was photo dropped into the background but does that take away the fact that its body size and height are real? All i have to say is SHOOOOT ITS LEGAL!!!!

I dont know why this picture looks so 'unbelivable'...I think its probably real, but obviously its NOT 12 FEET TALL!!!

If that were a wheeler trail, easy to visualize that this moose is large but not impossibly huge...

id say a remote driveway on the anchorage hillside....most of those are not more than 8 feet wide if that...you can barely fit your plow thru em! nice bull maybe 55" rack... average size moose for the area if thats a typical unpaved hillside driveway

Release Lake Trout

another thing look at the tire trail....about the width of an average car/truck...id say the driveway is less than 8 feet.

Release Lake Trout

BUT wait......it is photoshopped! look at the bottom left hand corner! the little spruce tree should be covering that little bit of leg but its squared off! ha found it guys! plus look at the farside front leg!!! pretty infected? NOT!

Release Lake Trout

Default Fake

That beard dosen't seem right in both pictures and I just dont see any dust coming off that giant moose hooves.

Default not photoshopped

Its real.

The light source, shadows, lit-up sections etc. are extremely hard to do correctly on a faked picture, unless those situations are non-existent from the picture due to carefully controlled conditions like a studio, which this is not.

On each picture, imagine the exact direction of the sun's beams. Now look at every object within the picture to see if its representation is perfect in regard to this directional light.

Those pictures are perfect in every detail when you look at those issues. No one is that good at photoshop. I've photoshopped for more than a dozen years and know where all on the picture to look. Its a real picture.

Can't judge size though without a good frame of reference, which there are none.

Front right leg is not cut out properly at the knee as far as I can see in pic. 1.

Nice animal though!

Default light

Thats just the light glancing off at the proper angle. Same look is seen on other front leg and the butt, but in smaller quantities. and the white glarish color your seeing as improper cutout is actually proper sun reflection.

Had that area you mention been a photoshop error it would have been a thousand times easier to fix than getting all the lighting shadows etc right, which are right. You would merely zoom until individual pixels are huge, and paint each pixel by hand. Easy.

I could photoshop up that right front leg for ya to make the part you're seeing go away; wouldn't take but 15 minutes. What you're seeing is just one of the many reasons why its real, not fake.

bottom right hand corner i meant to say, that baby spruce is not squared out naturally....super faked

Release Lake Trout

Is winter that far along??? Cabin fever already setting in!!

Actually, the moose is real the driveway is fake. The guy photoshopped in gravel where thee is actually pavement trying to protest & get his property taxes lowered.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

My vote is for a "real" picture w/ out photo-funniness. What sets the pic off from the masses is the angle that it was taken from. It looks like the camera was just a foot or two above the ground and fairly close to the animal making the moose seem much larger than it is. The moose doesn't seem especially remarkable beyond that though I sure would like to see him between Sep1-25... \

Just an FYI if you want your animals to seem larger for the bragging boards you can do the same thing by setting the camera low to the ground and angling up across the animal.

Default real but fake

This is a picture of a full body taxidermy mount placed on a narrow drive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast