Thread: Wirehaired pointing griffon puppy for sale....

Default Wirehaired pointing griffon puppy for sale....

We had one male pup this month. We didn't plan for this guy, he just happened.
    Dam and sire are on premises and produce great hunting/family dogs.

FYI...Griffs are rare and versatile hunting dogs adept in the upland grouse setting, hunting the duck blinds in the interior or beaches of Kodiak. With their thick double coat and webbed feet they are the ultimate pointing/retrieving breed for Alaska.

Send me a PM if you are seriously interested, our pups never last long.

http://www.awpga.com/
    Last edited by fullkurl; 04-26-2010 at 09:53.

Fine looking pair of dogs Fullkurl, terrific all weather coat for your conditions.

Excuse my question, don't want to get to far off thread, but what is the difference between a Griffon - Deutsch Drathaar - German Wire Hair Pointer ?

We just tend to call all of them GWP's in Aus, although I have an idea that DD's must meet testing/field requirements in Germany.

I have a GWP in Aus. He's mad keen on our Sambar deer and pretty much impervious to our much warmer winters, snow/frost doesn't worry him !

Anyone wanting a good pup just look at the two in the house !

Bumping this thread...last go-round here on this forum.

We've had some mild interest; pup is still available.

Here's a pic of one of our former pups "Fairbanks" that went to Canada, he's a real beauty and a grouse machine.
    Last edited by fullkurl; 04-26-2010 at 09:53.

Pup sold pending receipt of deposit.
    Congrats, J., and thanks for the interest fellas.

Frank

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

ONE? again?

need to get those parents looked at Frank make sure something isn/t up

or is that the issue
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

We we're discussing this with the vet recently, Vince.
    Maggie had ten in her first litter.
    But..she did get kicked by a cow right after that first litter. There was no visible damage to her, but she was hurting for a couple of days.
    I'm guessing that it tweaked her a bit.

The two single pups have been perfect in every way.
    And vet said Mags is in perfect health...as is Alf. No shortage of energy...lol.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

hey frank have an ultra sound done on her...

she may have a damage ovary and unable to produce eggs as needed now. or a scared uterious... both wife and i have seen horse and cow kicks fix some things that shouldn'ta....

i have also seen single pups grow so large a C section was required and mom not making it...

we actually had one blew intestines out pushing to hard, before the vet got there.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Glad to see you found a good home for the new pup Frank! One of these days I might have to take one off your hands if the military ever leaves home long enough that I could give one the proper training. Don't one turning out like the wirehair I have now, great family dog but not a bit of hunt in her unless its moose and bear hunts.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

Do you still breed Griffs?