Thread: Any Coho's left in juneau?

Default Any Coho's left in juneau?

How long can you catch Coho's in juneau?

New schools still showing at DIPAC. Saw a couple of 'em 15-20 fish strong on Monday. Had a couple of chances and whiffed. Saw 3 caught on Klawock spinners. Still about 200-250 in the upper pen - none turning red or orange - just a little white fungus on the edges.

I hiked up to Windfall on Sat and absolutely nothing. Haven't heard about Cowee.

Quote Originally Posted by L. G. View Post
    New schools still showing at DIPAC. Saw a couple of 'em 15-20 fish strong on Monday. Had a couple of chances and whiffed. Saw 3 caught on Klawock spinners. Still about 200-250 in the upper pen - none turning red or orange - just a little white fungus on the edges.

I hiked up to Windfall on Sat and absolutely nothing. Haven't heard about Cowee.

Thanks! lol i'm not very good with the Klawock spinners! I went out to Cowee this last weekend and saw nothing, hiked up montana creek, nothing. Shouldn't they be in the streams by now?

cowee has fish. that is all I can say.

Caught one on my lunch hour at DIPAC. The only fish I saw . . .

Caught one on my lunch hour at DIPAC. The only fish I saw . . .

Cool! Caught or snagged one?

Quote Originally Posted by VanSlam View Post
    Cool! Caught or snagged one?
    What's the diff?

Ok so the snagger/klawock spinner is golden, but since you are saying they are still bright what about trolling out in front of Dipac?

Sobie2

Lots of fish on redds nowadays, fish will trickle in until freezeup you just gotta sort a bit. i'm tying cutty flies now, only a few days or weeks left
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default They trickle in

The cohos will keep trickling in for a few more weeks. A bulk of the run has passed but i can usually fish until november before the fish start getting all dark. i remember 2 years ago CanCan was catching 5-6 a day trolling the last week in October.

Still plenty of bright fish around. Did good at Cowee last weekend upstream. Water is really low and clear and the fish wern't too into biting, but they're in there. Buddy of mine got a few out of Montana Cr. last week and said they were mixed colors, but still lots of nice ones.

Also saw a few fish rising in the channel at low tide yesterday while duck hunting....Dipac appears dead though.
    Nice Marmot.

Default Montana Cr

I've fished Montana the last two weekends, and the fish are getting pretty colored. Last weekend i managed one keeper out of the 5 or 6 that I caught. This weekend the fish weren't really into biting and I only managed to bring in 3 dark ones. Only saw 2 or 3 bright ones out of the 50 or so fish in the various holes I fished. It's good to hear that Cowee fish were a little spooky this weekend, I thought maybe Montana was just getting hit too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBoater View Post
    I've fished Montana the last two weekends, and the fish are getting pretty colored. Last weekend i managed one keeper out of the 5 or 6 that I caught. This weekend the fish weren't really into biting and I only managed to bring in 3 dark ones. Only saw 2 or 3 bright ones out of the 50 or so fish in the various holes I fished. It's good to hear that Cowee fish were a little spooky this weekend, I thought maybe Montana was just getting hit too hard.
    Sounds like the season is coming to a end...no more fishing for awhile

Just means its time to focus on the fur and feathers....

Quote Originally Posted by OneLunG View Post
    Just means its time to focus on the fur and feathers....
    lol This is true!

Hey guys new to Juneau and am looking for directions to get to the mouth of Montana Creek can anybody help me? Is it mainly a fly or gear area? Thanks

Two ways to get to the mouth.

1. Use "Dog Poop Trail #2". Park at the Mendenhall River Bridge - close to Safeway and across from Don Abels. Walk or ride about a mile on the paved path.

2. Park near the softball fields at Diamond Park. This is the area between Riverbend School and Thunder Mountain High. There is a path leading to a foot bridge over the river. Take a right on the far side of the river.

Give a report too. I think I'm done fishing for the season.

Two ways to get to the mouth.

1. Use "Dog Poop Trail #2". Park at the Mendenhall River Bridge - close to Safeway and across from Don Abels. Walk or ride about a mile on the paved path.

2. Park near the softball fields at Diamond Park. This is the area between Riverbend School and Thunder Mountain High. There is a path leading to a foot bridge over the river. Take a right on the far side of the river.

Give a report too. I think I'm done fishing for the season.
    Thanks L.G,
    I walked into there today and took a sneak peek didn't take no pole so no report, didn't spot any fish or see any roll.