Thread: Takeasoldierfishing.com does it again.... The Alaska - Texas Challenge

Talking Takeasoldierfishing.com does it again.... The Alaska - Texas Challenge

Just wanted to let everyone know that we will be flying 10 Wounded Soldiers from Alaska to Texas for one of our events. They will be participating in our Toledo Bend Reservoir in East Texas. I want to thank Richard Quick for his ability to gather the funds that was the reasoning for flying the soldiers to Texas. They wanted to show Alaskans that Texas hospitality rocks??

(hehehe)

My thought was to show these good ole Texas boys the Alaskan hospitality and provide 10 MORE wounded soldiers with donated tickets or airmiles. That would total 20 Alaskan Wounded Warriors invading Texan Hospitality.

Are you up for the Challenge? The soldiers will be taken care of once they get here to Texas with a beautiful room and lots of food. They will get their own boats to fish from with experienced fisherman and they don't need to bring their own tackle.

If we get just one more soldier here to Texas for the weekend this post was worth it. Right now the BRIGADE is collecting names of these soldiers that can participate, and SSG Renteria has notified the right people of what is going on.

Do the people of Alaska accept this challenge from Texas?

Let me know.

mike@takeasoldierfishing.com

E-mail sent....
    Registered ....

fingers crossed.

Not active / Disabled Vet

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

I was humbly reminded that I forgot the dates.

October 29 to November 2

Flying into Killeen Airport (GRK)
    Flying out of Anchorage, AK

I went to the website and clicked on the flyer ... sent me to Boater Registration... Just thought I'd let you know..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Default Flights for soldiers

I will be booking the flights late next week for the 10 soldiers coming to Texas. Thought there might be at least one or 2 out there that would like to chip in. I haven't had any takers yet but I do have a Disabled soldier that has signed up and would like to go. He needs a plane ticket in order to make it happen for him. Our obligations for this particular trip are to the Warrior Transition Units in Fairbanks and Anchorage.

As of right now I just have the one soldier. Let me know if you can help.

Thanks Mike

Moving it back to the top!

First 5 of the 10 soldiers tickets were purchased yesterday. Rooms are booked and paid for and moving forward with our event.

We are working to get 20 soldiers this year to Sitka for the "In Harms Way" event coming in May. Keep ya'll posted!