Thread: Who do you like for Honda generator service?

Default Who do you like for Honda generator service?

I've been thinking about picking up a Honda EU 2000 but I'd like to buy it from somewhere that'll know how to take care of it when it starts to get up in hours. Who do you all like for Honda service?

Bought mine from Ron's Honda at the sportman show a couple of years ago. Great price and did not have to deal with the store in Mountain View. It's a honda, so I am not really worried about service. I plan on changing the oil seasonally, the plug as needed, perhaps a pull cord and recoil assembly but not much else. Great little generator for the boat.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default That would take a lot of hours....

to need any shop service IMO! Bought mine at Haltness in Valdez, 6 years and nothing other than oil changes. Probably never need a pull cord, starts first pull after sitting all winter. I always fill and add stabil and leave it for about 8 months, starts right up, quiet, what a gem! Ecologizer switch allows it to just run fast enough to meet demand. By one, do minor service yourself, and don't worry about it! I use mine daily for a lot of hours most of the summer.

I bought mine from Alaska Specialty Equipment on Brayton between Dimond and Dowling. Friendly folks and they service what they sell. Like the others, I doubt I'll have to take it in for service for some time. When I do, I believe Alaska Specialty Equipment will treat me fair. I also avoid AM&D due to unacceptable service in the past.

Default Honday gensets

Thanks, that's what I've been hearing from anyone I've asked.

I broke the pull rope on my 2000 twice in a few years of using it almost every weekend. Most I know with the bigger 3000's end up hanving to clean out the spark arrestor in the muffler 2-3 times a year if you run them alot. (friday night thru sunday pm every weekend). Other than oil changes, that s about it. The pull cord is easy to fix other than the fact of course you break it friday night when its dark and -20 out! Flashlight and cold fingers, but can still change it out. Easier to throw it on the snowmachine and runs to a buddies cabin and change it out in the warm and light! Did it once each way. You can't go wrong with them.

Default Got a EU2000

Couple questions,s What oil after brake in do you use ? anybody use synthetic? Also when do you use that smat throttle ECO setting ?

SusitnaAK:

The guy I bought mine from at AK Specialty Equipment suggests using 10W30 in summer and 5W synthetic in winter. He said that the low oil shut down sensor can have trouble picking up non-synthetic oil when it's really cold out, and if the sensor doesn't pick up the oil, it won't run.

He also said to start the generator with the smart throttle OFF, then turn it on after it's running.

Congrat's on your purchase! You're going to love it.

Thanks Corn. Yea i love them, not my first i have EM 650 for over 25 yr,s now. Still smooth as the day i bought it, Never made the switch to synthetic yet. I guess I,m old school. 10-30 Quaker. Hard to mess with success,

If your in the Valley Alaska Pacific Rental is a Honda dealer and offers good service. They are located in Palmer just up from the Fairgrounds 746-1144 and offer a full line of Honda and Stihl products.

I run 5W-30 or 0W-30 synthetic in mine. Seems to start easier in the cold. It only holds about 1/2 qt so cost isn't an issue.

Our load is usually light. I run in eco mode, as it runs at a much lower RPM. A friend trying to run a saw off his couldn't get it to work in eco mode. Seems that if you are going to have sudden heavy loads then having it already going at high rpm (eco off) enables it to handle the new load.