Thread: Will beagle wool work in alaska?

Default Will beagle wool work in alaska?

I keep reading about this wool with a teflon treatment. There is a waterproof membrane on the inside. Will this be tough enough for alaska?

http://beaglewear.com

Not having to carry rain gear up the mountain will save sometime and space in my pack.

I was imagining a suit of baying beagles and duct tape!!!!!

Brett

Syracuse, New York, Wasilla, Alaska, United States

Default light-weight rain gear...

is your friend. Beagle is for when you can get back to the house every night and dry it out. I used sitka's light-weight rain gear this year. It worked pretty good. It will tear though. Layers of fleece underneath are the key. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
    is your friend. Beagle is for when you can get back to the house every night and dry it out. I used sitka's light-weight rain gear this year. It worked pretty good. It will tear though. Layers of fleece underneath are the key. Good luck.
    I don't care for the construction quality of the Sitka gear myself but agree w/ the use of light weight rain shells. I do love wool and merino is fast replacing most of my poly base/mid layer gear. Long and short sleeves shirts can be had as well as all different weights of both tops and bottoms. For rain though It is either some rubber, plastic or some sort of lightweight gore-tex type gear depending on the conditions.