Thread: 325 WSM Case Prep

Default 325 WSM Case Prep

Hi Guys, here's a question for you seasoned loaders. I'm new to reloading and when trimming cases, got a couple about 0.002 short from what the reloading manual says is trim to length. I'm reloading for a 325 WSM, and the Nosler book says trim to 2.090". I have a couple that came out 2.088". Just wondering if this is a problem.

Also, just wondering what is a good starting load that some of you may have tried. I want to shoot the 200gr Accubond bullets. Any input would sure be apprieciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog hunter View Post
    Hi Guys, here's a question for you seasoned loaders. I'm new to reloading and when trimming cases, got a couple about 0.002 short from what the reloading manual says is trim to length. I'm reloading for a 325 WSM, and the Nosler book says trim to 2.090". I have a couple that came out 2.088". Just wondering if this is a problem.

Also, just wondering what is a good starting load that some of you may have tried. I want to shoot the 200gr Accubond bullets. Any input would sure be apprieciated.
    No problem having a few cases .002 short. Maximum length is important and critical, but depending upon the case I'll trim some cartridges an extra .005-.010 shorter than recommended so I can extend trimming intervals by a shot or two.

Shouldn't be a problem Bulldog, I had to trim my Norma 300 WSM brass down to 2.085 because they shrunk (neck sized only) the first couple of firings and some came a little on the short side. It would affect your neck tension a little but unless your shooting competition or past 500 yds, it shuldn't matter much. I would just trim them all down to 2.088. I usually dont trim my cases until they have been stretched at least one firing.

My recomendations for powders and starting loads in order would be...

RL17 60 gr
    H4350 60 gr

Have a great time with your reloading, it's a lot of fun making your own.

-MR

Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure before I started to seat bullets. I think I'll go with the H4350 recommendation. Thanks again.

I've loaded up some very accurate loads with IMR 4007 SSC as well.

62.5 of IMR 4350 is my accurate load, need to work up to it.
    17 head of game harvested in the last year with 200 grain Accubonds with my 325
    Gun Owners of America - Life Member
    NRA - Life Member
    USA agent for - www.bentondaviessafaris.com