Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation banquet

Default Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation banquet

November 14th is the date for this years Cook Inlet Chapter banquet that will be held at the Egan Center in Anchorage. Social hour starts at 5:30pm and there is a buffet dinner, live and silent auctions, raffles, games....etc. Single tickets are $80, couples are $125, tables of 6 for $450 or tables of 10 for $600. There are life memberships, sponsor memberships and our world famous ladies only balloon raffle as well.

No tickets will be available at the door. You can register online by visiting http://rmefevents.rmef.org/buy/ and enter ticket code GHBE.

If you prefer, you can order tickets from Paul at 907-727-1262. Paul can also answer any questions that you may have. If you would like to donate or provide underwriting for the banquet or would like to volunteer and help us out, please call Tom at 907-242-7821.

Register soon to be in the Early Bird drawing. Deadline for the Early Bird is October 30th.

For those of you in the interior, the Fairbanks banquet is November 21st. Contact Ross for tickets and information at 909-490-6660.

It's a great time for a great cause. Help us to sustain the mission of RMEF by "ensuring the future of elk, other wildlife and their habitat".

Smile

I'm a rocky mountain elk foundation member but some of my friends are not, can they still go to the banquet if their not members ?

Default everyone is invited and welcome!

Absolutely. Everyone is welcome. Bring family and friends.

If you have enough people interested you can put together a table of 6 or 10 and save a little $$$ in the process. In addition, as table captain you are entered into a drawing just for the people who have organized groups to attend the banquet.

Default Bump

Bump for an outstanding organization.

How many tickets are they selling?

Default How many tickets?

We'll sell as many as we can, usually have about 200-250 people there.
    Lots of fun, raffles, games, guns to be won.

Default more info and a bump

Just a quick update for you folks that are still thinking about attending the Cook Inlet Chapter banquet in Anchorage.

We will have an African plains game hunt and a New Zealand Chamois hunt this year. We are working on additional hunts and will have more info as it becomes available.

If you are travelling from out of town or don't want to drive home after the festivities, consider spending the night at the Sheraton Anchorage. Ask for the RMEF deal ($89/night plus tax) by calling 907-276-8700.

We've got about half of the tickets sold. Don't wait too late or you may get left out. Order tickets by October 31st to get placed in the Early Bird drawing. Big discounts for tables of 6 or 10, that includes reserved seating and raffle tickets.

Call for info if you have any questions at all.

Thanks for looking.

Default ?

Paul

Could you please tell everyone here, how the money raised at this event is spent. Alot of people might not understand that a good chunk of this money stay for project in our State!

Troy

I might be interested in tickets as long as there isn't going to be 600-700 people there like the last banquet I went too.

I've considered it since it would fit well in conjunction with a 2-day pregnancy gig at Providence
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default short answers first

I'll answer the short ones first and follow with more detail about how the money is spent and where.

We only have room for 250 maximum, so it's not a gigantic banquet. Because we do a buffet dinner, we have to use a big portion of the room for buffet tables that we set up to serve from both ends so that people are not left standing in line forever.

Would you rather be reading 6 month old magazines in the waiting room or attending the banquet? Doors open at 5:30pm, dinner at 7pm, live auction at 8pm, and we hope to have everyone heading home or to the Sheraton by 10pm. Or in your case, back to Prov

Quote Originally Posted by happytobeinAK View Post
    Or in your case, back to Prov
    lol nooooo.....my wife and I have a pregnancy gig/seminar from 10-3pm sat/sun..this may fit in for something to do
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

U.S. Hunters, Anglers, Lobby for Climate Bill

List of Groups Involved:
    American Fisheries Society * American Sportfishing Association * Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies * BASS/ESPN * Bear Trust International * Boone & Crocket Club * Catch-A-Dream Foundation * The Campfire Club of America * Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation * Conservation Force * Dallas Safari Club * Federation of Fly Fishers * International Hunter Education Association * The Mule Deer Foundation * National Assembly of Sportsmen’s Caucuses * National Trappers Association * National Wildlife Federation * Pheasants Forever * Pope & Young Club * Quail Forever * Quality Deer Management Association * Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation * Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership * Trout Unlimited * Wildlife Forever * Wildlife Management Institute * The Wildlife Society

Just wanted to say thanks to RMEF for recognizing that changes would affect hunting and working toward some solutions and compromise.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    lol nooooo.....my wife and I have a pregnancy gig/seminar from 10-3pm sat/sun..this may fit in for something to do

cheap pregnancy seminar....

mix four parts tequila to one part spouse, shake vigorously for one hour and repeat as needed.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    cheap pregnancy seminar....

mix four parts tequila to one part spouse, shake vigorously for one hour and repeat as needed.
    Dammit Vince,
    For ****s sake..she's already pregnant, lol

Default Troy's post

First off, thanks to Bushrat for the thumbs up!

Troy is right. A significant portion of the money raised in Alaska stays here. By state statute, any "gaming" done under a state gaming license (and it all should be licensed to be legal) has to meet certain criteria. Gaming means anything that involves a level of chance or luck of the draw. The lawyers out there can put it into words better than I can.

All proceeds from any gaming must be spent within the state of Alaska within one year of the date that the gaming took place. Alaska is one of the few states with this type of statute. Whenever you purchase a raffle ticket, pull tabs, or whatever game is being played, it involves lots of paperwork that goes to the state gaming commission. Money must be tracked for each game and reports filed to show when, how and where the money came from and went to.

The RMEF state leadership team meets once or twice a year to discuss and choose worthwhile programs within the state to support. I'll get you a list of the activities we sponsor as soon as I get some more information myself. I don't want to be passing along any bad info, as you deserve to know where you hard earned money is going.

Thanks to Troy for bring this up. I think it is an important part of the process that few people are aware of.

Default where the money goes in Alaska

For those of you who wonder where the money goes that is raised from the RMEF banquet, here is a synopsis of the projects that we have funded over the past few years.

The big conservation programs have taken place on Afognak Island. Perenosa Bay phase II has just been completed, and the press release has not even been issued yet. Phase II adds 4000 acres of land to the Alaska State Parks system in addition to the 2183 acres purchased in 2005. These lands are along the north shore of Afognak Island and provide protected winter range for 2 of the elk herds on the island. These lands are now accessible to the public for hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation.

Wildlife projects have also being done on Afognak Island, as well Etolin and Zarembo Islands in the southeast. These projects are being done in conjunction with ADF&G biologists in Kodiak and Petersburg/Juneau. We have committed over $40,000 since 2005 supporting GPS radio collar research and the associated activities the projects require. We have also partnered with the Ruffed Grouse Society to do habitat restoration work on the Palmer Moose Range.

Education projects are focused on reaching youth and women. The largest ongoing program is our 5 year commitment to the Birchwood Youth Day at Birchwood Shooting Park. We have also been involved with some of the Hunter Heritage programs such as Youth Camp, Becoming an Outdoors Woman and the National Archery in the Schools Program. Since 2005, nearly $50,000 has gone toward these educational programs.

I hope this helps answer some questions for those who are interested. If you have more questions, please feel free to pm me and I will do my best to answer those concerns.

Help us to achieve our mission…ensuring the future of elk, other wildlife and their habitat.

Attend the Anchorage banquet on November 14th &/or the Fairbanks banquet on November 21st.

Default Rmef

I went to several outdoor/hunting banquets last year and the RMEF BY FAR had the best meal and best raffles - it was very well done.

I bought my tix early last week.

Default I will be there!

I will also be there but I will be working.

I will be running a raffle for a Traeger grill for this event. I will be cooking up two Briskets to show what this grill can do!

Stop by and say hi or throw eggs!

Troy

thanks to RMEF for recognizing that changes would affect hunting and working toward some solutions and compromise.[/QUOTE]

hold on now... isn't that climate change thing an Obama plan, and thus evil?
    i guess that means that RMEF must have been taken over by liberal whack-jobs? (hey, i learned all i know about politics in the GD forum...)
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast