Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Manliest Firearms...

Default 10 Manliest Firearms...

Found this article in a corner of the interwebs...thought I'd share. Fun to read, however it IS just one guys opinion, and I'm sure you will all come up with a varied version of it!

BTW, do black pearl grips count as being a no-no? I've got a .22 revolver that might be sporting them....

My favorite paragraph:

"GLOCKs came originally in 9mm, and have also been made in various numbers in 10mm, .40S&W, .380, 9X21mm, .357 Sig and .45 GAP. However, the only acceptable caliber for a man to carry is .45 ACP. 10mm is good but hard to find, .40S&W is a wussified 10mm that the FBI created when it found out its agents weren't manly enough for 10mm, .357 Sig is excellent but hard to find, .45 GAP is new and untested, .380 is only acceptable as a backup caliber, and no man would be found dead with a 9mm. Actually, a man knows he WOULD be found dead with a 9mm, because a 9mm is a .45 set on stun, and real men do not believe in stun."

My best contribution:

and on a Hummer....double hit points. Well done!

Pretty pathetic article as it didn't cover any of the truly powerful handguns, nor any of the dangerous game bolt guns and double rifles.

Manly rifles start at 458 win mag, and manly handguns start at 454 casull.

Though an M1 garand or BAR should certainly be added to the list.

I like the pink guns.If you see a man carrying one better not mess with him.

Yea, it could be a man named Sue...

Well I can't argue with #1 and he is close on most of the others.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Default The manliest gun...

... is the Model 94 Winchester .30.30. The lever action bespeaks manliness. It has been one of the most used hunting rifles of all time. The Duke used one. Need I say more?

Funny article BTW. Thanks! "Commiefornia", hah!

Default Actually,....

I believe the arms most seen with the Duke was a Winchester Model 1892, and a Colt revolver, or an M1 Garand and a 1911. For some reason, it just was really un-cool to see him with a Mattel 16. A 14 would've been much more macho........
    Levers ARE extremely cool, but the '86 or the old big bore Marlins top my list o' cool, and I'd have to include a 95 in .405 just 'cuz Teddy packed one on the Dark Continent!
    Last edited by Darreld Walton; 10-06-2009 at 19:40. Reason: .

Default Manliness is

doing some extraordinary action and never taking any credit for it nor speaking of it to anyone, knowing that what you did was a righteous act, no matter what you used.
    It might also be taking your wife and kids to the park when a big game is on t.v., but that one is still in debate.

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    Manliness is doing some extraordinary action and never taking any credit for it nor speaking of it to anyone, knowing that what you did was a righteous act, no matter what you used.
    It might also be taking your wife and kids to the park when a big game is on t.v., but that one is still in debate.
    No way! Manliness is having and shooting something really cool, loud and painful, with elegant lines, but a rugged look.

Just kidding. I agree with you. But some guns can be manly.

FWIW, I love football and college basketball, but I would even more prefer hanging out with my kids at the park than watching a game. So, it's not really a sacrifice to me.

So, I have to have big or cool guns to be manly.

P.S. FWIW, I always thought the Browning Hi Power seemed pretty manly, and not just because Serpico and Indiana Jones and George Peppard in The A-Team all used them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darreld Walton View Post
    I believe the arms most seen with the Duke was a Winchester Model 1892, and a Colt revolver, or an M1 Garand and a 1911. For some reason, it just was really un-cool to see him with a Mattel 16. A 14 would've been much more macho........
    Levers ARE extremely cool, but the '86 or the old big bore Marlins top my list o' cool, and I'd have to include a 95 in .405 just 'cuz Teddy packed one on the Dark Continent!
    You're right, I think, that the Duke exclusively used a Win. Model 1892, but they currently make something similar in a '94 that has his badd@ss image on it, which is pretty manly: http://www.cabelas.com/gun-inventory...ayne-lac.shtml

Default I so...

Quote Originally Posted by Darreld Walton View Post
    ... stand corrected!
    You forgot him as Rooster Cogburn with a sawed-off double barrel. No lack of manliness there with that weapon. I won't even guess what it was, but I'll betcha one of you knows.

Default Here he is with the '92

I believe he used another model in Rio Bravo, maybe a stage coach gun with the rounded lever. He used a '94 in the Sons of Katie Elder.

Was I imagining that he used a shotgun in his charge in True Grit?

Default Manly

After shooting the M2, GE Mini-gun, Barrett 50 BMG, Boyes 50 Bmg, and 100's of different full autos the Lathi L-39 20mm takes first prize ; I've gotta give the nod to the Lathi as manly.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Didn't the Duke carry a "Mattel 16" in Green Berets?

Default +1 on the .30.30

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    ... is the Model 94 Winchester .30.30. The lever action bespeaks manliness. It has been one of the most used hunting rifles of all time. The Duke used one. Need I say more?

Funny article BTW. Thanks! "Commiefornia", hah!
    Any one can be a man behind a couple of 600g slugs or 20 55g. bullets.
    It takes a real man to take 'em on with an ol' '94 (like the Duke)

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    doing some extraordinary action and never taking any credit for it nor speaking of it to anyone, knowing that what you did was a righteous act, no matter what you used.
    I think what you describe is more being fatherly than a manly man. For manly think Tim Allen as the tool man.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    ... stand corrected!
    You forgot him as Rooster Cogburn with a sawed-off double barrel. No lack of manliness there with that weapon. I won't even guess what it was, but I'll betcha one of you knows.
    I think his shotgun of choice was a "Greener".

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    I think his shotgun of choice was a "Greener".
    He certainly had two in Big Jake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast