Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happiness......

Default Happiness......

is a full freezer! That's a 20 cu ft upright we bought this past spring. I see lots of grilling in my future.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

What a beautiful sight!

Had to do a double take as it looks just like my freezer

Happy grilling!

AK,

Take all those chicken pot pies out, and you have room for a sitka blacktail.

Good job, feels good to fill it up eh.

LOL..........you recognized them right away huh?? We love'em but nothing beats fresh moose and sheep on the grill! How'd you do this year Keith?

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    LOL..........you recognized them right away huh?? We love'em but nothing beats fresh moose and sheep on the grill! How'd you do this year Keith?
    Yeah, I love those things.

Lets just say we had a banner year. Full freezers for everyone in my camps.

Congrats on your year. I know you put in your time.

Awesome, glad to hear it! We need to hook up for a ride on the sleds this coming winter/spring.

That's a good looking freezer. Well done!
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Awesome, glad to hear it! We need to hook up for a ride on the sleds this coming winter/spring.
    We'll do. Give me a call if you get time to BS and swap a few storys.

I was just about to give you a hard time Keith! I haven't heard any stories, except one....
    Good looking freezer Ak, I think I need to hire you to come organize mine!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

You need to hire my wife, she's the one that got everything to fit, sometimes being neat and orderly has it perks!

If I had tried to make everything fit, it wouldn't have been half as pretty as it is now.

Those are specially boxed ptarmigan pot pies
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    I was just about to give you a hard time Keith! I haven't heard any stories, except one....
    Can't remember which story I told you. I haven't talked to you since late August.

We got some moose this year, and BTW turns out the Kid is a good shot.

Edit, Oh I remember now.

If I had tried to make everything fit, it wouldn't have been half as pretty as it is now.
    AK, thats why guys like chest freezers. If the door closes, its "organized"!

Hahahahaha, yeah, you got that right. I use to have a huge 22 cu ft chest freezer years ago, was digging for something just before Thanksgiving time. I pulled our turkey out so I could find what I was looking for, unfortunately I forgot about the bird. 4 days later I could smell something bad and found the turkey sitting on a bench next to the freezer. I ended up putting it back into the freezer and used it the following spring for bear bait. Worked out well too, we shot a nice 6 ft black bear as he was trying to get away with the Butterball turkey. Bet you can't guess the nickname we gave that bear?

Default Butterball??

Now thats funny!

Those turkeys are always in the way, and often taking them out is the key to finding what the wife sent you in for.

I have one of each freezer, and my wife organizes it just like yours. I can usually mess it up pretty quick, so It's an ongoing battle at my house.

You got it! Funniest thing I ever saw, that bear snuck in, looking all around him, walked over to the turkey and picked it up by the loop on the end. He was just standing with the bird hanging from his mouth when my buddy sent an arrow through his lungs. No Thanksgiving for him....

Oh no, you didn't tell us this story, we heard this one from the peanut gallery (I think) Heck I don't even remember who told us the story now! Does "Dad I can't shoot it!" ring a bell? lol......Congratulations on the moose! Send your boy big congrats as well!

We'll be filling our cow tag here in the near future, not too worried about meat this year. But next year we have big plans for a nice bull.

Ak, I think we just need a second freezer. I get the look when I mention it though!

Quote Originally Posted by northriver21 View Post
    Can't remember which story I told you. I haven't talked to you since late August.

We got some moose this year, and BTW turns out the Kid is a good shot.

Edit, Oh I remember now.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

John

I looked at that pic & just said WOW! that looks great, I need a upright. Great Job this year.

btw are you done yet? looks like I saw a little space in that one corner

Nope, not done yet, i'm going out this weekend to find a goat down near Kenai Lake, after that I might get a chance to play packer for a friend that has a Ft Rich archery moose tag. If I can talk the wife into taking the meat in those bags on the door and putting them in the freezer in the house i'll have room for a goat.

If you are anything like me, you go to the garage or wherever the freezer is and open it, knowing your not taking anything out, you just want to look. I might live in town, and don't claim "subsistence" in any way, but a full freezer makes a person feel good.
    Love grilling at -20.
    I too have to admit the chest freezer is a messy man's toy box.
    AK45, from one Sox fan to another, bring on the Angels! We've done this before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast