Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Questions about 74 mile gravel pit

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Questions about 74 mile gravel pit

    If you know what I'm talking about pm me.

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
    If you know what I'm talking about pm me.

    Thanks.

    What do you have questions about, ref. Mile 74 Pit.....?

  3. #3
    Supporting Member AFHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Registered Guide, AK
    Posts
    658

    Default

    Great place......Fish ON

  4. #4

    Default ???

    Don't know of a gravel pit near MP 74 on the Seward Hwy, must be on the Parks or Glenn...

  5. #5

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    Don't know of a gravel pit near MP 74 on the Seward Hwy, must be on the Parks or Glenn...
    Or Steece!!!
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Or Steece!!!
    Good catch.... I focused closer to home but you could be right..... What about the Denali?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    Don't know of a gravel pit near MP 74 on the Seward Hwy, must be on the Parks or Glenn...
    It's there, It is just south of Johnson Pass Trail, And is a designated "Winter Recreation Area"............

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    It's there, It is just south of Johnson Pass Trail, And is a designated "Winter Recreation Area"............
    MP 74 is just about 1 mile up Turnagain Pass (75 is at Ingram Creek at the bottom of the pass). MP 69 is the top of the pass (right next to the big turnouts). I think the gravel pit you are talking about would be closer to MP 64.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    MP 74 is just about 1 mile up Turnagain Pass (75 is at Ingram Creek at the bottom of the pass). MP 69 is the top of the pass (right next to the big turnouts). I think the gravel pit you are talking about would be closer to MP 64.

    You are 100% Correct, and I am 100% Wrong. And I am 100% SORRY for the miss-information.

  10. #10
    Member .338-06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    76 or so miles from Anchorage, just before Lower Summit Lake there's a big gravel pit with a road that you can follow down to the creek. The road(trail) continues back for about 6 miles. I've hunted back there-about 25 years ago! I don't know how the access is now.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Thanks for the info.

    Thanks everyone for your input. I got the information that I was looking for.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •