Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Cold weather Fishing Pics

  1. #1

    Default Cold weather Fishing Pics

    So while it was 52 and sunny in Anchorage it was cold and snowy up in the northern reaches of the Mat-su. Never the less there was still some really cool late season bow' fishin going on. Here are some pics of a buddy and I with some of our catch. I think those big puffy white flakes, a rainbow and some fall colors make for such an amazing experience in this great state.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2

    Default some more bows and weather

    it really started to come down near the end and a black bear came up to investigate the incidental late silver catch (the bear in the back right corner of the pick was harassing these merganzers and it was hilarious)
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3

    Default snow and fish

    more of the same
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4

    Default railroad tracks and fish

    The biggest fish of the trip hit on the good ol' dolly llama. Mottled peach beads with an indicator were still picking up fish also.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    Member bigcox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kotzebue, Alaska
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Sweet Photos Dude! I like the fish shots with the snow falling...

    Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...


    http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

  6. #6
    Member Hunt&FishAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Valley trash
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    nice bows and a nice grayling to boot...man you coulda even bagged yerself a blackie! i think i mite know where that could be....

  7. #7
    Member broncoformudv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    4,670

    Default

    Nice pics love all that snow in them!

  8. #8

    Default

    Nice bows for up north, especially this late. Great grayling. I've fished in weather just like that on the Susitna sytem now and then. Nice pics.

  9. #9
    Member Xanfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Palmer
    Posts
    159

    Default

    I love fishing in the snow. Nothing like it, except catching in the snow.

    Nice fish!

  10. #10
    Member Hunt&FishAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Valley trash
    Posts
    2,316

    Default

    now i really cant wait for ice fishing!

  11. #11
    Member ak_powder_monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Eagle River/ Juneau
    Posts
    5,154

    Default

    I don't know about anybody else, but I'm going fishing on the solstice again

    that was a cold one though
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

  12. #12

    Question

    Did you take the Whistle Stop Train ride or boat up? Looks like it is starting to get serious about winter up there.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  13. #13
    Member danmiotke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Homer
    Posts
    214

    Default Anchor River

    steelhead on the line w/ moose watching in background.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  14. #14

    Default no train or boat

    we walked in...single day trip

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armo_Ak View Post
    more of the same
    Hey! Is that a fiberglass rod and a Young reel?????

  16. #16

    Default nope

    Sage Fli rod and the good ol' pre-historic Sage Discovery reel.

  17. #17

    Default

    Hate to pry, Im just curious what streams to fish. Looks like alot of fun. Im down in anchorage and was thinking of driving up near montana creek to throw a couple panther matins.

  18. #18

    Default

    Better hurry, those Susitna tributary fish will be dropping back into the mainstem Susitna for the winter any time.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •