Thread: Caribou Solo

Default Caribou Solo

I have hunted in AK several times over several years. It has been a while since I did a caribou hunt. I have been looking for an outfitter who is willing to take a solo hunter. None of my friends are interested or have the extra money to take a trip to Alaska. I have fail in my attempts to find an outfitter on the past two seasons and want to start planning now for I want to do a trip next season.
    Does anyone know of a air charter or drop camp that offers this?
    I understand the safety liability, but also know that I am not the typical idiot to buy a gun and head into the tundra not knowing how to survive in bad conditions.
    I looked into guided hunts, but for an experienced hunter to pay a guide to shoot an animal he is more than capable of getting himself would be a waste for me and too costly at this junction. I do believe the guides are worth every penny they earn (well most of them) but this is not my first rodeo in the tundra either.
    Any help will be much appretiated.

sorry i can not help but i could not find anyone that would drop me off alone for a december kodiak hunt either. i see that as a big difference as a tundra hunt. keep on calling im sure someone will. vance

I sent you a PM. Joshua

man just hit the haul road and hike in? then you've got other hunters in teh area if you need help, cost should be a little cheaper and you've still got a great chance at some caribou.

if you pay them enough they will do what you want
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.