Thread: Recent Test of Our Master Guide

Default Recent Test of Our Master Guide

Good article, you should post it to your web site.
    I had never heard the 457WWM could shoot 410 shot shells, does it feed them from the magazine or just hand feed one at a time?
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

One at a time single fed (it doesnt always work)

One really need to try sticking a 45/70 round into a single shot .410 barrel to see the error in chamber matching there. The 45colt and .410 are ok but the 45/70, well its different.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    One really need to try sticking a 45/70 round into a single shot .410 barrel to see the error in chamber matching there. The 45colt and .410 are ok but the 45/70, well its different.
    Ya thats what I thought also but the article stated it would fire 410s so I wanted to ask about it from the horses mouth.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Ya thats what I thought also but the article stated it would fire 410s so I wanted to ask about it from the horses mouth.
    Just to keep the record straight. The use of standard length .410 ammunition is Wild West information. The article specifically states no attempts to use .410 ammunition were made during the review. With all of the other good features of the Master Guide and the performance of the .457 Wild West Magnum, shooting .410 ammunition seemed a worth a mention as interesting, but not a practical use of this type of firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by joe4570 View Post
    Just to keep the record straight. The use of standard length .410 ammunition is Wild West information. The article specifically states no attempts to use .410 ammunition were made during the review. With all of the other good features of the Master Guide and the performance of the .457 Wild West Magnum, shooting .410 ammunition seemed a worth a mention as interesting, but not a practical use of this type of firearm.
    Correct. the 457 mag, since it is a longer case, will in almost all cases accept a 2 1/2" .410 shell for survival use. Its not a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Correct. the 457 mag, since it is a longer case, will in almost all cases accept a 2 1/2" .410 shell for survival use. Its not a shotgun.
    C'mon man! If you can make a Taurus almost worthwhile (your Judge modification), I'm curious to see what magic you can work to make a shotshell out of a Guide Gun pattern effectively Don't give up! You can do it!

we have so many fish frying that project would take a while

Great article. Can't wait until I can bring one in for you to tweak for me.

Interesting read. I thought it would of been a better comparison if they compared the WWG ammo to something similar like Cor Bons or some other hi powered 45-70 ammo designed for the modern lever action.
    Take down feature is nice but one guy I recently talked to (will not mention his name to avoid any debates) said his co pilot shot "loose" twice.
    Not a big issue with me provided it can be fixed under warranty for no charge. If it shoots loose is it covered under warranty?
    Always thought it would be nice to own one of these and have considered having my XLR made into a take down.
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Take down feature is nice but one guy I recently talked to (will not mention his name to avoid any debates) said his co pilot shot "loose" twice.
    Not a big issue with me provided it can be fixed under warranty for no charge. If it shoots loose is it covered under warranty?
    Always thought it would be nice to own one of these and have considered having my XLR made into a take down.
    No one has EVER brought us a claim of their gun shooting loose. If it ever happens, it gets fixed. I assume its just another one of those bs rumours that some folks like to start.

I like to compare our "warranty" to Rugers. We stand behind what we sell.

I see a claim of "fraud" is being made. Let me reiterate: In a survival situation, one can shoot .410 2 1/2" shells through most of our 457 magnums.

If I read your web site correctly the cost to convert my stainless Marlin XLR to a take down is $550 plus $80 for beadblasting?

Once the rifle is dropped off when would it be expected to be finished?
    Tennessee

Simple take downs run about 90 days